“Heavenly Vacation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corn Islands
Martha's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 10 Corn Islands B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Martha's B&B is a little corner of heaven. The beach is crystal clear, white sand, very clean, practically no waves (stayed early Feb.) I strongly recommend to bring DEEP repellent for the attack of the tiny sand flies. The staff is absolutely totally dedicated, especially Wally. He is very attentive to your needs. The proprietors are very informative and have total A+ maintenance of their property and grounds. It is meticulous clean. The room my husband and I stayed in was #4 and it was very roomy, extremely clean, loved the bathroom for being roomy and a large shower area also. I recommend a tall mirror on the wall. The room had a very nice TV set, air conditioning, the bed sheets were almost alabaster white and smelled very clean.. You look out the window you see their beautiful garden. You sleep very soundly because the bed is very comfortable and the area is extremely quiet. You cannot here any noise from the other tenants. My husband and I slept very soundly and I am a very light sleeper. Breakfast was always scrumptious. It starts with coffee, followed by a totally fresh fruit salad of Island picked fruits, and a heavenly coconut bread. Ellery (owner) makes his own tasty preserve from Island fruits and it is very tasty on the baked daily coconut bread brought to them every morning. Then you are brought the main course, which you have a choice of three....amazingly so good!!! You can order coconuts to drink their delicious sweet water, or you can order drinks like Margaritas, beef, etc..Lunch and dinner are available and they too are very delicious, cooked very well, and very appetizing. Martha's has lounge chairs and canopies right at beach front. I missed the hammock, they didn't have one. We trully loved and enjoyed Martha's very much. This is our vacation place forever and I highly recommend this hotel. The price was very reasonable for the room and especially the food!! We met Puma who is a local taxi driver and an excellent island guide who speaks English and Spanish. Ask Wally for his phone number. Martha and Ellery, God looked on you with favor because he gave you a little corner of heaven!! We'll see you again soon!! Adelina and Rudy Alvarez

Room Tip: #5 was perfect with a double bed, room has some drawers and they have an area in the large bathroom...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 January 2013

Stayed here for 8 nights and loved every one of them. Owners and staff were all excellent and went out of their way to make you feel welcome. Had a crab catching party one night, and then had a lovely feast of them the next day. Wally took us out fishing and snorkeling and showed us the sights of the island from the water view. Would definitely return here without question. Had a great time there. And probably put on a few extra pounds from the amazing breakfast and coconut bread!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We had a very enjoyable time at Martha's Bed and breakfast. The rooms are basic with a bed, TV (satellite), nice bathroom, AC, but very clean and all that was needed. There is a nice veranda for sitting. There is a nice little pond with turtles, crabs, iguanas in front. The restaurant is right on an amazing beach. Martha was on vacation, but we were very well taken care of by Wallen. It is in a quiet spot, and we could watch the lobster fishermen from the beach. It is not a luxury hotel, but is just perfect.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank 60878Karen
Reviewed 16 July 2012 via mobile

Great place, great staff, safe, best beach I have ever seen (not that I have seen that many) just really enjoyed myself.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Martha's was absolutely wonderful! I spent five days there with my family of five and they made us feel right at home. The location is beautiful as the hotel is situated right on the beach with a large courtyard in front of it that is home to iguanas and many other creatures. There is also a pond full of fish and turtles that my five year old brother was given the opportunity to feed. Though Martha and Ellery were gone to miami for most of our stay, the wonderful staff including Wallen and Wander took care of us. I was very impressed with the service from both of them who were great people. Martha's restaurant is literally on the beach and they make delicious food. A huge breakfast is included with your room starting with fresh fruit, you have the choice of pancakes, tipico or and omelette which are all stellar. As you eat, you can enjoy a view of the beautiful carribean with a huge welcoming beach that is usually fairly empty.
The best part about marthas is the people. During our stay, we got to know some of the local children who are beyond amazing. Though they sometimes live in tough conditions they are so friendly and helpful. I left the island today and I'm already missing them. Overall, we found marthas to be absolutely wonderful!
Also, if you need a cab driver or a tour guide while on big corn please please contact Puma: 87123063. He is a wonderfully jolly man who is very honest and so nice!

• Stayed: July 2012