“Clean and on one of the best beaches”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corn Islands
Martha's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 10 Corn Islands B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

Martha's is a small B&B at the very end of the sand road alongside the beach. Not rocky, good for swimming, although there were small jellyfish that stung.
Rooms clean, comfortable enough. AC. Also in line hot water heaters (warmers really as the water was very far from hot, but at least it was not cold).
Breakfast OK. Fruit and then choice of local food, or omelette and toast, or pancake.
Wifi when it worked.
Only downside was the staff / owners. Very abrupt. Every request was a BIG deal.
"Coffee is not ready yet, you'll get it when it's ready", for example.
No initiative to provide good service.
When the power would go out, the wifi modem would require resetting. Every time it did, you had to ask...they would not think of doing it.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank sheilds

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Martha's sits on the nicest beach on Big Corn and is a quaint enough little place. However we did not have a good experience at all.. We took a small room with our family to wait for a bigger one to open up the next day, which is fine. But our shower did not work at all! They didn't know when/if it could be fixed, which meant showering a screaming toddler in the cold outdoor shower. Showers break, it happens, we are understanding of that. However what literally shocked us is the absolute unwavering demand that we still pay full price for the room, even though the shower still didn't work! In fact when we agreed on the place they said breakfast was included, as we are all there and they know it's two kids as well, but the next morning they wanted to charge $6 each per child for breakfast. That combination left us rather angry, so we changed accommodation in the midst of a torrential downpour. The location and property are fine, but the way the broken shower and breakfast were handled were almost unbelievable! Very disappointed.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Dave N
Reviewed 25 August 2015

It's been almost a year and a half since we have been to Martha's Bed and Breakfast… I will tell you, hands down, best place on the island to stay. Martha is beyond kind and the service is impeccable. Ellery is hilarious and the people that don't understand his "tell it like it is" attitude should take a hike. We spent a month in Nicaragua and changed our entire itinerary to stay as long as possible @ Martha's. They have the most wonderful fishing guide; he truly was thoughtful, knowledgable, and giving. I can honestly say we spent two weeks, attending local baseball games, loving life, and drinking ice cold ToÑa! Also, if on Big Corn Island a MUST is La Princesa de la Isla!! I know Italian food in Nicaragua is strange but better than most of the restaurants I ate at in Florence. I feel bad that I'm giving up the biggest secret on the island but if you go to Corn Island and don't go here… FOR SHAME!!!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2015

We were personally greeted upon our arrival by Ellery. Martha and Ellery were very kind and responded to any questions about the island. Hot water and comfortable beds! Our breakfast and the lobster lunch was delicious! I highly recommend staying here with a view of the best beach on the island. Thanks Martha and Ellery we will be back!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2015

I was surprised by this little B&B! I stayed at Martha's with 3 friends for 2 nights. We had a room with 1 double bed and one twin, with an attached bathroom. I was pleasantly surprised to see that we had a AC unit that worked great, and hot showers every day (apparently not always the norm on the island). The location is on a beautiful beach and within walking distance of other places to eat. The breakfast that is included consisted of a generous fruit bowl and juice/coffee, plus your choice of something like pancakes, an omelet, etc. They would get fresh coconuts from the trees during the day, and cut the top off and put a straw in it so we could have fresh coconut water. Delicious! The one downside was that they quit serving food at 1 PM when we were there. But, like I said, there are other places nearby. I had an early flight the day I left, and they were nice enough to give me a ride to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends