Sea View(Little Corn Island)
US$40
Dobedo(Little Corn Island)
US$40
  • Restaurant
3 Brothers(Little Corn Island)(Great Value!)
US$15
Carlito's Sunrise Paradise(Little Corn Island)
US$80
  • Restaurant
Christina's GuestHouse(Little Corn Island)(Great Value!)
US$24
DreamCatcher(Little Corn Island)
US$27
Las Palmeras Beachfront Hotel(Little Corn Island)(Great Value!)
US$24
  • Beachfront
Picnic Center(Little Corn Island)
US$53
Little Corn Beach and Bungalow(Little Corn Island)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdolphin divedive shopair conditioninglittle cornrooms are cleanbeautiful islandremote islandnice stayminute walkbars restaurantslocation is greatdiveselectricitypangacertificationdockplugs
Reviewed 13 May 2009

We found the hotel just fine. Rooms are not 4* by north american standards, but are just fine if you remember you are in a central american country. The staff were ok. The restaurant was good, although there are cheaper and better places to eat on the island, the hotel does make good drinks.
We stayed here because we were diving with the Dolphin Dive shop - which is part of the hotel. Great experience, the dive staff were great, the diving was excellent.
If you want/need electricity during the night then this is a pretty good choice, although during slow times the power does go off at 5 AM.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank bcguy123
Reviewed 14 March 2009

Overall a nice place, but rooms are a bit scary with the variety of bugs, and the electrified showers (Literally "shocking", so best to opt for a cold shower than use the 220 volt water heater built in to the shower head!). Hard to sleep with the meat grinder A/c unit (is there a monkey caught inside that thing? Such random rattling and banging I have never heard from an air conditioner before. Restaurant had good food, but with very surly "There's some place else I'd really rather be" attitude. OK, and what the heck is with the pool hall? Right on what would be a great patio overlooking the water are all of the locals hanging out playing pool all night, right in front the the gate for the hotel.
If they just had a staff that was a little bit friendlier, my girlfriend and I might have stayed, but we kept hearing about better places on the island, so we left 3 days early.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PerpetualTravelerCA
Reviewed 4 March 2009

We spent 5 nights at Los Delphines. The room was basic, but everything worked & it was kept very clean. We didn't see any bug or creepy-crawlies & ours was a ground floor room. The shower had low water pressure, but was adequate. We liked the porch with the rocking chairs. The beds were comfortable & there were 2 arm chairs to sit in. The overhead light didn't have a very big bulb, but we figured that the owner was trying to conserve his generator (the hotel has electric from about noon to 6 AM, whereas the village just has power in the evening). The airconditioner worked well & wasn't too noisy. It was fun watching ESPN in Spanish! The restaurant isn't gourmet, but adequate. The assistant manager, Radcliff, went out of his way to be helpful, as did the rest of the staff. the grounds are very attractive. The sports bar out front along the beach was far enough away, that the noise wasn't a factor. At $50 a night, incl. tax, it was good value & we'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JoanneOhio
Reviewed 1 March 2009

A clean and comfortable hotel, with air conditioning and cable tv. On site restaurant, bar and dive shop. The rooms are spacious and beds large with a double and single bed in the room. Not the cheapest on the island but worth the extra money for the comfort.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
3  Thank acdiver
Reviewed 30 April 2008

My partner and I decided to visit Little Corn Island from our home in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. The website and room rates indicated that this would be the best choice for us. We were willing to pay an extra buck or two for some amenities. Air conditioning, proximity to the beach and quiet were three things that appealed to us. Our experience however was not good! When we arrived we were given a room that was dark, infested with bugs, and had a 'suicide shower'. ( Every time I touched the faucet I received a significant shock. ) The view room promised was indeed a view room: of the pile of garbage in the neighbouring lot. The foul and fusty smelling air inside the room and the constant bug activity in the bed meant no one slept a wink! When I moved the bed away from the wall, one could see a plethora of insect carcasses. They obviously sprayed with BayGon, but never washed the floors under the bed. Besides that, the generator that ran at all hours, seemed to be in the very next room. The air conditioner worked ( sort of) but was so unbelievably noisy it wasn't worth turning on! The service at the beach side 'restaurant' was surly and the cutlery needed a good wash. The next day, I asked for a different room. When I checked the condition of the new one offered, again, I spotted ants and flies everywhere, along with the 'suicide' shower. I declined and got on the next panga back to Big Corn Island. We were so disappointed! We wanted to be able to stay for at least 4 days to do some diving but had to cancel those plans because the hotel could not provide even basic clean accomodations. We are NOT fussy people and are experienced travelers but I now tell anyone I can who is traveling to Little Corn Island to avoid this establishment.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
14  Thank IrisCanada