All reviews function room dual carriageway daily specials mince pies birthday party christmas lunch comfortable room each evening rump steak water pressure bit dated every member of staff stayed for one night family room duty manager pleasant stay the ground floor
Reviewed 11 November 2017

What was possible the last function thar Clive and Tony hosted. My wife and I brought our family and friends here for our Golden Wedding celebrations a few weeks ago. Some of our guests stayed overnight, and they appreciated the facilities and comfort.
For our function we had about 90 guests, we gave the hotel a list of our wishes, and we got all we requested. The food was superb, the service exceptional, and we were left with a couple of quid in the bank.
Thank you Clive, thank you Tony, and especially thank you to the staff who gave us an evening to remember.
Maybe we will be back in ten years.

1  Thank kes770
Kelly K, Owner at The Cedars Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2017

Thank you very much for your recent review. The team at the Cedars are delighted to hear your comments and we hope that you will return again in the future for more celebrations.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

I had booked this hotel for two nights on a b&b booking. When we arrived at the hotel and given our room key, we were so exhausted from traveling that day that we took the key and walked up to room 15, which was hard to find and nobody from the hotel showed or told us how to get to the room. It was up a secret staircase and on a landing with two other rooms. On entry the room was clean and quite spacious. We were here for a funeral and so didn’t really have time to go over everything in the room.

The next day when I went to go for a shower I noticed that there was only one set of towels for two people so I went down to reception and, because it’s unmanned you have to ring a bell to get someone’s attention, when someone one came I asked for some more towels, this was 6:30 in the morning. I went back to the room and made a T from the complimentary facilities. When I wanted a second cup this was not feasible as they only give you 4 milk sachets for two adults and so I decidedly thought I need to go back to reception and ask for both my missing towels and more milk. This time I waited for both.

Now breakfast...... do not pay any extra for this shambles. Barely any food, ran out of hot water for T no milk, no butter the food came in long stages, people at our table had received their breakfast and finished before the rest turned up. It’s not even cheap, save yourself the hassle and go five minutes into the town and go to the Willow tree, a Wetherspoons, delightful.

Food overall cold, tasteless and overpriced
Drink ..... overpriced

Rooms are decent but showers are not good I had to have a bath.....

I was part of a funeral party and everyone said that this hotel made faulty towers look like the Hilton.......

Avoid if u can

Avoid

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your recent review in regards to your stay at The Cedars Hotel. I am very sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is greatly welcomed and we have passed this on to the team to use in training to ensure that we continue to improve our standards on a daily basis. We do hope that we can welcome you back again one day and hopefully restore some faith in the hotel.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel is so dated and needs complete refurbishment. Everything is dated including a lot of the staff although I must say I had no problem with the staff they were polite and helpful but I think they need new blood with a bit of a spring in their step.
The food was dreadful from breakfast through to buffet through to evening meal the soup was tasteless and was meant to be potato and leak but we all struggled to identify it and out of about 15-17 nobody ate it. 4 if us ordered breakfast Nd 3 of us had finished by the time my husbands arrived! The toast was just like warm bread as it had no colour they promised mushrooms but then discovered they ran out of them the day before . I must say the staff were polite and helpful but wouldn’t stay there again I’m afraid sorry

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your recent comments in regards to your stay at the Cedars Hotel. We are very sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Your feedback has been passed to our team and will be discussed during our training sessions to ensure that issues like those your experienced will not happen again. We do hope that you might return again one day where hopefully we can restore some faith that you have lost in the hotel.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

In need of a complete makeover,staff very nice but can only work with what they have got. tv reception keep losing the signal and WiFi would not connect. The mattress was very uncomfortable in our room. Breakfast was lovely but I think for the price per night breakfast should be included.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review in regards to your stay at The Cedars Hotel. Your feedback is appreciated as without this we would not be able to continue to improve our standards on a daily basis. We hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again to the hotel in the future where hopefully we can restore some faith that you lost in our product.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Cedars is a pleasant enough place to stay. As others have said it is a bit dated and tired looking but room was comfortable, had everything we needed including decaff coffee, which one doesn't always find in hotels!
Breakfast was substantial and kept us going till wedding breakfast late afternoon!
Duty manager helpful as we were able to check in other family members for next night who were going to arrive very late and pass keys to them.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback is much appreciated and has been passed on to the team. We hope to welcome you back again in the future.