“Average food for the price ”

Maravu Restaurant & Bar
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Asian, Bar
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fiji holidays are all about relaxation - and this is as relaxing as it gets. Feel the warm, gentle sea breeze as you dine on South-East Asian favourites at Maravu on the beachfront.
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

We visited Maravu today on our last night in Fiji with my partner and my best friend. We are all foodies and after reading the reviews were expecting an amazing dining experience. It’s definitely not fine dining. Book in advance as the tables get booked out quite quickly. We got there at 7.30 and there was no table available until 8 so we hung out at Nuku until one was available. Once we were seated the table for 3 had cutlery for 2. Our orders were taken immediately and cutlery was brought with a napkin for one person however no napkins for others at the table. The entree we ordered crab cakes, the crispy leaf dumplings and satay chicken. The crispy leap dumplings were definitely the stand out. The satay chicken was over cooked and the crab cakes tasted processed as they used fake crab meat. The mains we had were beef rendang, Thai green chicken curry and Nasi Goreng. The only authentic dish out of all 3 was the Thai green chicken curry. The nasi goreng was too salty and the beef rendang could have been any beef curry definitely not a rendang. All up for 1 corona, 1 coke, 1 Fiji water with 3 entrees and 3 mains the price tag was $213. This did not include any deserts. Not worth the price as only one out of 6 dishes was a stand out

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We had a delicious meal while watching the sun set and darkness fall. The experience was wonderful. The prices are quite high but that’s the way it is at the resorts. We had red wine which, we realise, is served at room temperature but this is not when the temperature is 23C. It should be served around 16C. Warm red wine is not pleasant particularly in warm tropical weather. We resorted to ice to try to cool it down! We recommend the restaurant but the red wine issue needs to be addressed.

1  Thank Taraterrific
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed a family dinner there on our recent family holiday. Great place to enjoy the sunset and the food was amazing. Catered well for our four year old son and staff were lovely. Couldn’t recommend it more.

1  Thank Jacki A
Reviewed 23 June 2018

We only ate once here but wish we could visit again. The food was delicious with lots of flavour and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. Try to get there for the sunset as it's located very close to the beach. Excellent menu.

1  Thank Bengie1980
Reviewed 22 June 2018

You can take Bula Bus (FJD8/USD4 all day long for ride) to Hilton Denarau, once you get off then just follow the sign to this Maravu Restaurant, which is located in Hilton property, on beach front. From lobby, just walk straight toward beach front and located on the left side from the main pool, and you won’t miss it, you will see a big Buddha statue in front of this restaurant. Beautiful garden, flowers and torch that lit in the evening, along way to this restaurant that makes you feel that you’re in romantic zone already.

I would say that this is an Asian Fusion restaurant, which they also serve variety of Asian Cuisines and specialty delights, including some Fijian specialties with ...hey, how about Full Bar - listing of local and international wines, cocktails and beers, awesome!!!

As soon as you enter the restaurant, you will find a booth to register or check in and there is sitting area just in case the restaurant is in full capacity so you can enjoy drinks while waiting for table. I love the setting, this is a huge international scale restaurant, beautifully equipped with silverware’s and tables cloth, it’s just so cute. And you can see the chef cooking from the open kitchen and beautiful lighting, it’s not to bright and it’s not dark either so very proportional for international dining experience. I promise you won’t feel to narrow to sit from one table to another, it’s grand and comfortable. And WiFi is just a click away to connect with no password and blah blah blah so, it’s just right there and a fast one too.

Now, about FOODS: tasty, great portion, nice garnish in such beautiful preparation and on top of everything is affordable. Hey hey hey, they have Nasi Goreng here, so yummy, so if you’re from Indonesia or the Netherlands, you gotta stop at this property and you will enjoy this place and their foods as much as I love them.

Service: it’s amazing people that work here, they are kind, polite, helpful, happy and very accommodating. If you have an event, let them know, they make your dining experience with full of surprise and fun. Yes, they are fast too and very attentive. Plus, on top of everything, service with smile and from the heart. So enjoy the Fijian charms with those international foods all together.

So don’t hesitate to let them know what you like, what you prefer, what you wish and what you expect, they will be there for you. And for you as HILTON Members, they will treat you even more special as your perks say...they would pamper you!!!., so let them know, you won’t be disappointed.

Overall, I would give my 2 thumbs up for this restaurant, not only for the service, location, foods, ambiance and treatment but they really serve you from the heart and genuine smiles, with class, elegant and styles. And like I said earlier, it’s affordable, remember that words, we love that words!

It’s great for family, family with children, outing, businesses, solo, honeymooners, every single occasions will fit into this type of restaurant, it’s amazing dining experience without breaking your banks, how’s that. Either you show up with your beach sandal or your glittery dress, they know where to sit you according to what you wishes. It’s cremé de la cremé.

If you’re lucky, you will see Miss Tia, she is the manager there and she will greet you with her lovely eccentric classy warm attitude that will break the ice, she is beautiful inside out personality and has charms that will make your dining experience more enjoyable. And again, the staff...look at my pictures right there. I never put ones with myself in it and voila bada bing bada boom, they’re aweeesome and fuuuuun!!!! Thank you Tia and thank you everyone for treating me like a royalty !! and be my rainbow during my dining experience in Fiji. Vinaka Vakalevu ...thank you so much ...!!! This is what I call an International Dining with amazing experience. Now I can say, this is the best Asian Fusion Restaurant in Denarau Island and in Fiji itself. Trip advisors must give this Maravu Restaurant a big credit and award for being so special and awesome, pleas and thank you.

1  Thank W0rldTravelAdvis0r