US$263
  • Pool
The Nelion(Nyeri)
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnyeri townspacious roomgreat ambiencelarge hotelbeautiful hotelswimming poolcourteous stafftop floorfree wifioutspan hotelbusiness tripmt kenyaclubfacilityaccommodationtvconnectivity
Reviewed 16 January 2018

the hotel is accessible well and the staff are friendly. it has enough space for parking. the room are well maintained, very spacious and the wi-fi is excellent. their food is well cooked and served well.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
TheWhiteRhinoHotel, Manager at The White Rhino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review of The White Rhino Hotel.

We are pleased to read your kind words in regard to hotel accessibility, staff, parking, rooms, wifi as well as food.
We look forward to welcoming again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 10 January 2018

We stepped in a beautiful restaurant at lunch time and being 26th of december it wasnt too busy. we ordered th simplest supposedly quikest meal as we were in a hurry as we were driving out of town and we had kids. 30 mins later oiur sodas came. hoping meal would come soon after since it was ordinary french fries..... but a lady who looked like a manager came in shouted orders and within no time her meal of her guests was served. a couple was sitted across from us had also waited longer than us also started complaing 1 n half hours later their mel came through ours not anywhere. we stood cancelled the order 2 hours later with our hungry child very disappointed. disappointment is an understatement

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Valentina K

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

Our aim is to always meet our guests’ expectations and we apologise for failing to deliver on this promise. We would like to get in touch with you directly, kindly email us your telephone contact on info@whiterhinohotel.com

We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 23 December 2017

Well...

it being inside nyeri's town center and not being distructed by the noise in towns was a good feel...
the hygiene was on point.
the bed was comfortable and the rooms was so fresh...
my stay was a-bit brief though,so could not grasp much...

but for the few hours i got to rest i enjoyed the peace and serenity.
oooh,and the breakfast was fresh and delicious too...
i must correct the sausages though,they were quite hard to chew on.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
TheWhiteRhinoHotel, Manager at The White Rhino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review The White Rhino Hotel.

It is a pleasure to read that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed the peace and serenity during your stay despite the location of the hotel being Nyeri’s town centre.

Thank you for also appreciating the hygiene, comfortable bed, fresh rooms and the breakfast as well. We have taken note of the comments on the sausages, the lapse has since been addressed.

We look forward to welcoming you again during your next stay.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

You are probably are reading any review of The White Rhino because it is already rated as no. 1 in Nyeri. Well, it is no. 1 in Nyeri, if you are the kind of traveler I was when I stayed at the hotel. If you are a traveler like I, who believes that 70% of a "hotel experience" should really be derived from the actual accommodation experience, then you would be extremely unfair to rate this facility less than a 9 out of 10. Despite a very tempting offer of a free beer at the top-floor exclusive lounge that my colleague vehemently insisted we visit, the second I walked into the room, I didn't want to leave. Large room size, large bed, excellent decor, fancy light buttons, large TV and most importantly, the part that usually irks me the most about hotels, the bathroom. Fantastic bathroom. I couldn't find the smallest to complain about the the sink, floor, shower area, toilet, etc. Lots of hot water came out of the shower when I was looking for lots of hot water. Lots of cold water came out of the faucet when I was looking for lots of cold water. Only if they had those fluffy towels that you normally get in up-scale hotels! But clearly that's just asking for too much from a '3-star' hotel. I guess by the time I went upstairs to the 'exclusive lounge' I was already too happy enough not to notice that this residents & members only enclave was just a room with chairs and a bar on the top floor. Mr. Receptionist, you totally oversold it to us.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel.

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay and are delighted that you have rated the facility 9 out of 10. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let others know about your experience of our product.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the coming days.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

I am not sure what the official rating is for this hotel but i give it 5 Star.

My room was very cozy and clean, I totally enjoyed my one night there. The reception ladies were very friendly and helpful.

Other great attractions include a night club (with surprisingly cheap whisky) and a restaurant for those who prefer half board.

The hotel is walking distance from central Nyeri town which is useful if not driving.

The only drawback was the wifi which kept dropping but not at crisis levels. At least it was free.

Room Tip: Golf Course view. I understand that you can see Mt. Kenya from the premium rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
TheWhiteRhinoHotel, Manager at The White Rhino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review The White Rhino Hotel on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased that your room was cosy, clean and that you totally enjoyed your one night stay at our hotel. It is a pleasure to read that the reception staff were friendly and helpful. Thank you for appreciating the walk in restaurant as well as the fairly priced beverages at Club Kifaru. We have noted your comment on the location of the hotel, right in the heart of Nyeri.

We appreciate the feedback in regard to wifi and have already taken measures to ensure it is stable.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.