See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 September 2016

Tranquility ! This is a very special boutique hotel which we would love to stay at again. The building is a beautiful, old, rambling building which has been modernised to a very high standard; creating beautiful modern rooms in a characterful setting. The pool is really pretty and the deck area has a small stream running past it which creates a beautiful setting to relax. The staff are lovely - very welcoming and nothing was a problem from a kettle in the room to a random bottle of wine and plate of cheese request late one evening. We stayed for 7 nights in Room 8 which is a double room with a private balcony; perfect room - peaceful, well appointed, lovely en-suite shower room. We opted not to have breakfast and went to Thuir every morning which is a 5 minute drive and there are a number of cafes to choose from. The hotel is in the Catalan region and there are lots of fab hilltop towns and vineyards around the property; Castelnous is just 5 mins away, Collioure is about 30mins and the hotel is just over an hour from Beziers airport. There is a fab weekly market in Thuir on a Saturday morning that is well worth a visit.

Room Tip: Room 8 has a private terrace
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

After a week on business in Barcelona I needed somewhere to get away for a night. I was curious to learn about Byrrh so looked in the Thuir area for something that was the antithesis of a chain hotel. I knew I'd made the right choice when I walked up the path from the car park past the pool and the owner greeted me by name.
We ate the small plate dinners he offered (I had veal ragout) from the menu which had been translated to multiple languages and he provided a bottle of local wine he liked to enjoy sitting out on the terrace. The room was spacious and quiet with a huge private patio to sit out. Breakfast was brought to our patio at the time we asked and included a wide variety of foods. The only negative was that as someone used to American Venti sized coffee I do find the local small coffee servings frustrating. We like this place so much we are planning to come back here next year for longer.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

We booked Room 9 which is the size of some apartments. We basically had an entire floor to ourselves. We had an absolutely huge room with a walk in closet with refrigerator and separate area for the desk.
The bathroom was wonderful. Double sinks, shower with soaking tub and the toilet and bidet were in a separate room. Lastly, the suite included a private terrace that was big enough for a small table with two chairs plus a sofa and coffee table with plenty of room to spare.
All this for 135€ including breakfast! We had dinner in the terrace area when we arrived. The plates are small but filling.
There is also a beautiful pool but, unfortunately, it was too chilly to make use of it.
Our host was very accommodating and completed the experience. Would highly recommend!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

This was the best place we stayed in during our whole 2 Week trip. Set a short distance from the town of Thuir in a very peaceful location access is gained by a narrow lane leading up to a private driveway. Set amongst beautiful trees the short walk from the carpark through stunning gardens to the reception area I knew I had made the right choice when considering where to stay. We were greeted by a lovely young lady who welcomed us and promptly showed us to our room. Beautifully furnished and decorated and lovely and cool given the temperature outside (29 degrees) this further confirmed my choice. I was aware when I booked that they did not have a proper restaurant and had toyed with going into Thuir for dinner but decided to take the young lady up on the offer of a cold buffet. Sitting on the candlelit patio area we were treated to a variety of lovely warm breads served with a delicious selection of pate's, terrines and cheeses along with drinks; we really couldn't have asked for more or better. The following morning the sun was shining again and standing outside at 7am it was like I'd woken in a little piece of paradise. Breakfast was enough for us and we met the owner who was very chatty and friendly. I wished we could have stayed longer or maybe taken the young lady who treated us so wonderfully the day before home with me but alas we needed to start making our way towards home. An absolutely wonderful stay and we will definitely return. Thankyou Casa9 for the highlight of our holiday.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2015

Nice little hotel off the beaten path near Perpignan. Staff and owner are super friendly and rooms are large and comfortable. A little expensive given the location and breakfast is overpriced. Overall, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple