“Wonderful”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 12 March 2018

We were hear 4 years ago and the owner was super kind i had had too much sun on the first day and was ill in the bath room. His wife the chef sent me out paracetamol and victims c and I was feeling better in no time i had the stuffed everthing lol and had to take everything home with me so kind. When we came back sent hear a bunch and the food is still as good

Reviewed 31 October 2017

We only managed to get in because of the owner of our apartment took us in. Be warned you need to book with plenty of notice as walk ins can't always be accommodated due to it being so popular.

We sat in the picturesque garden next to a pizza oven surrounded by greenery..it was wonderful.

I had Lamb Kleftiko which had been oven roasted by fire all day and melted in your mouth. Even the fat was flavoursome, although was a bit too heavy on the salt especially towards the end.

If you can get a table here I would honestly recommend it. Everything is fresh salad and herb wise from the garden. The only downside was (which has got it a 4 instead of 5) was when I was paying the bill I accidentally put a larger note down than I thought, but knew with my original amount I would need at least 10 euros change. I waited and waited but nobody came back. I had to chase it in the end and he thought I had left a 20 euro tip. It was good but not that good. Bit of a sour end to a good meal but we would probably go back again.

1  Thank ParksUK
Reviewed 30 October 2017

we were there in the end of october 17, excellent food, very nice service, like in a family, less people now... perfect choice...

1  Thank Markus J
Reviewed 27 October 2017

A short walk from happy days studio the food here is wonderful.Do not miss it if you are in village.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

We spent 10 nights in Malia and we had dinner here 8 times! We fell in love with this place last year and it was our favourite this year as well. The food is excellent! Home made, delicious and everything was prepared freshly from the best quality ingredients. Luckily it is not a mass tourist restaurant. It was full every night so you have to book a table. The atmosphere of the garden is unique, we loved sitting under the trees. Staff is fantastic! We would like to say thank you for your kindness and attention. Milos and his staff is the soul of this amazing tavern.
This is a mediterranean restaurant and its guests are on holiday. Take your time and enjoy each minute and the food. This place is really not for those who are looking for a fast food restaurant.
Our favourites were the lamb and chicken from the oven, the stuffed mushroom, the tzatziki and the chicken souvlaki but everything was excellent. They bring free dessert and raki to everybody at the end of the dinner. We will definitely return!