All reviews sea view junior suite half board breakfast staff free minute massage roast meats rovers return golf buggy indoor pool tea coffee making facilities beach chairs sunbeds and parasols reception team themed nights large hotel local tavernas wonderful hotel
Reviewed 17 July 2018

Service on top of all, the pool side bar, the restaurants and the staff are so eager to please and help and assist in any way they can. We had a sea front room, and although there were a lot of guests in the hotel, the place was calm and quite, we didn't even leave the premises. Kids had loads of fun. We just came back after 5 days and will def go back next summer.

Room Tip: Sea Front rooms, second level - just perfect!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2018

Nice basic hotel, very clean, lovely small menu at the pool and beach dining areas, lovely local fish. Excellent Staff - Panos the Pool Bar manager made our 4 night stay extra special with his attention and care. Rooms Very reasonable. Drinks OK BUT soft drinks feel very highly priced compared to Alcoholic drinks so if you have kids a round of drinks is expensive. I Would return.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank mta1963
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

We have been here from June 29-July 11. Such a beautiful hotel with great service. Perfect holiday for families with young kids. Nicest sandy beach, beautiful pools, excellent food. We stayed in a little beach house. Perfect size voor small families and so so beautiful. You could hear the sea from inside and the view was fab! We had some cockroaches inside unfortunately, but other than that it was just perfect! Prices in hotel are high for drinks and food. But it is worth it! Will def go back again!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2018

I stayed here two nights and two nights in another neighbouring 5-star resort, it was like day and night. Alexander is more like a 2 or 3 star compared to their neighbouring 5-star resort (Ikaros).

In the 2 nights we tried 3 different rooms at Alexander. The first room wasn’t too bad except the water coming out of the shower was brownish (room 38).

The second room we tried was on the ground level (which you should avoid when booking) (room 35). It was infested with ants and other insects. They offered to spray the room to kill the bugs but I asked for another room.

The third room was one of their newly renovated rooms, which wasn’t bad except for the very strong new smell of paint and plaster (room 135).

I feel much worse for my friends that paid much more for a “family room” with two double beds. It was really cramped and didn’t have two double beds, when we asked about this they said that the two beds are only a request and that they don’t have any rooms with two double beds. So my friends paid nearly 90 euros more for a room that was basically the same size as ours. And their room also had ants (room 41), not as bad as room 38 though.

The food for lunch and dinner is just ok, nothing special. Worst baklava in the world though, they should be ashamed of serving it.

The reception is not friendly at all. Any question or issue they take as a big hassle and inconvenience to them.

Also, there’s no wifi in the rooms. My suggestion is avoid Alexander, there’s much better options right next door.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on ground floor unless you like bugs, avoid paying more for family room (it's as small as standard room).
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Excellent hotel with great facilities. As a mobility scooter user, I could independently travel to all parts of the hotel and quite close to the beach with our assistance. Nearly all the staff are wonderful and friendly but there are a few who could benefit from training in relation to disability. I had slept late on one occasion and went for the late (continental) breakfast. A rather unpleasant, very authoritarian waitress direct me to take my plate downstairs to the outside eating area because they were making the tables up in the restaurant area for dinner. She countenanced no discussion and it caused me great hardship to use the (4/5) stairs. She would not realise this because she wouldn't listen! Apart from this instance, it was an excellent stay.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family