All reviews school groups school trip bay of naples fifth floor rooms are clean walking distance meal times air conditioning the hotel staff rooftop terrace the cliff stunning views excellent hotel train station students balconies roberto
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

It was a really bad inconvenience to have the reception on the fifth floor since we had many heavy suitcases.
We went to the beach outside of the hotel for a swim and one of my vests from the beach had blown over the top of my balcony and landed in someone else’s balcony. I asked for them to try and get it but the staff did not speak a word of english and did not even try and help me get my vest back and I never did get the vest back.
After the maids cleaned our room. Me and my friends discovered poo all over our bathroom and our friend had to clean it up. My friend also had 70 euros taken from him and his shorts from being in the sea was pushed off the balcony with force. I enjoyed the view from the balcony and the breakfast was average.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Tilly H
kleinwien, Direttore at Hotel Klein Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

dear miss Tilly,
we are really sorry about your comment,but in the descripion of the hotel it is mentioned about our reception on the fith floor,and concerning the luggage our staff always helps in bringing up the luggage by lift.
referring to your vest and your friend's shorts,I personally explained to you (and I speak English) that as the things had been left on the balcony and it was really windy the clothes had been blown off :the shorts on a high straw matting in the opposite garden (impossible for us to fetch,while your vest was on a balcony of an apartment,where at the moment no one lives,(I personally went to ring at the door but no one answered) and I explained this to you.
Rooms are regularly cleaned and if a guest informs us about a problem we immediately provide to do our best,if you had told us about the problem in the bathroom I would have sent someone immediately.

best regards
katja

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

The Woman Manager was such a pleasant person...Helpfull friendly and welcoming..From the first minute we met her she made us feel Welcome...the Hotel is clean with a great view over the Marine..The Manager that took over from her was just as nice..If you want to feel welcome at a place after a long day this would be the ideal stay..Great place to explore the area from...Walking distance to the Boats to Capri..just a wonderful place with nice staff.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
kleinwien, Proprietario at Hotel Klein Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Robert and I greatly apprecciate your comment and we are really happy you enjoed your holiday wuth us.
The whoole staff thank's you and hopes to see you again in the future
Best regards
Katja

Reviewed 1 July 2018

We took a group of 38 13-14 year olds to Sorrento and stayed at the Hotel Klein Wien. From the start, all of the staff were welcoming and everything was well organised. The rooms are basic but comfortable and clean, although the rooms for 5 were a little cramped for space and storage. We stayed on a half-board basis with a continental breakfast and 3 course dinner. There was plenty of choice in the morning, even for the fussiest eaters. The evening meal consisted of a vegetarian pasta dish and then a main meal and fruit to finish. They hotel were also really accommodating for our student who was gluten free.
The staff were always friendly and were happy to serve our meals when it suited our activities, including an early leave on the last day. I would recommend discussing any unusual timings with them beforehand.
We managed to use the roof terrace for our down time and the students enjoyed the steep but short walk to the beach in the evenings.
I would definitely recommend the hotel, having stayed there a few times with students.

Room tip: Best views of the Bay of Naples is at the front of the hotel
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Eleanor W
Reviewed 30 June 2018

We stayed here as part of a tour group. We did not have a choice in hotels for that tour. When we travel, hotels are where we sleep. We do not spend days in the hotel itself. This is an average hotel. It has some quirkiness. The check-in desk is on the 5th floor. The only way to get there is by stairs or a very small elevator (holds 4 people max, less if you have luggage). The staff were very helpful and accommodating. Our room was on the 4th floor. To get there, we had to use the main elevator, cross the 5th floor going through the dining room and using a second, even quirkier, elevator. This elevator would hold 2 people maximum or one person with a suitcase. It only has 2 walls. If you lean too close to one of the open sides, the elevator stops. Our room had a balcony and when you were on the balcony you could see the ocean (or Bay of Naples). We had a double bed, plus a set of bunkbeds! There was a small wardrobe. The bathroom was fine. Most of our space could have benefitted from some updating, particularly the bathroom. The doorjamb had water damage. The shower worked fine, but needs to be updated. Our biggest complaint was that our tour bus could not stop in front of our hotel. That meant we had to walk one direction or another to get to where the bus could stop, whether we had luggage or not. We would have never selected this as a hotel. We were doing things in Sorrento and along the Amalfi Coast. The only thing we did in Piano was sleep. It was adequate. We learned that it was part of a string of hotels that functioned as hostels. While we were there a large group of young people came for a couple of days. They were very noisy at all hours of the day and night. It changed the atmosphere of the hotel in a very negative way. We had breakfast there daily. It was the same breakfast for 8 days. Very boring and so-so. We had dinner there 3 nights. Very mediocre.

Room tip: Ask for an ocean view
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2018

Hotel Klein Wein is an excellent choice for school groups. Both Catia and Roberto couldn't do enough to help us and our party of school girls. The views from the balcony are amazing, the rooms are clean, well-maintained and the air conditioning is super. Although getting luggage up to the hotel itself is a touch difficult, again, we had plenty of help. I would not wish to stay anywhere else, and I take this school trip once a year. If you are concerned that there are hoards of children running around, they are mostly on day trips or out, and the hotel works very hard to keep groups separate from couples or families. Dietary requirements were catered fro brilliantly. I would definitely stay at this hotel if I came to Sorrento without 30 school children!

Date of stay: May 2018