“Good food, not outstanding but good value”

Osteria Il Papavero
Price range: US$24 - US$43
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This year to OSTERIA IL PAPAVERO you can have exciting cooking class! Call or write us, we wait for you!!!
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

The quality of the food was good but not outstanding. We visited a week ago on a chilly September evening and sat inside when I think everyone arrived at exactly the same time so there was a little stress in the service which was quite disjointed.

The pasta was excellent and the starters were good. The meat secondi were also good. We were guided to some wine which was, again, good not outstanding.

I would imagine we were slightly unlucky with our night judging by other reviews and it is only this (and the pasta) which stopped me from giving the restaurant an average rating/3 stars. That said, if I was passing at lunchtime and could sit in their terrace with the hill views and have just a bowl of pasta and not care so much about service then I would definitely do that. So I'm slightly conflicted about this place but this is my best and honest review.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Great food always here, gorgeous setting with great views just outside the restaurant.
I highly recommend this as part of your Tuscan experience.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Had a wonderful evening at this delightful little restaurant in the hills of Chianti.
The food was excellent, especially the boar was fantastic as was the fillet of steak. The atmosphere was great with lovely staff. Highly recommend this to all Tuscan travellers

2  Thank trurab
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Really good food, the products were so fresh and tasteful. The town was really adorable. The view was amazing. We went there between two wine tastings and it was really worth the detour. The owner was also very nice. There is no doubt we would return here in our next trip in Tuscany!

1  Thank DoraK127
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Good value and tasty. Best steak tartare. Friendly waiter, good value wines and a view of Chianti from outside. Cosy inside in winter.