“Dinners”

Price range: US$23 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This year to OSTERIA IL PAPAVERO you can have exciting cooking class! Call or write us, we wait for you!!!
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

This is a wonderful spot for dinner-the food, service, & prices are excellent, the wait staff is extremely helpful & the atmosphere is great. We ate here 3 nights out of 4 & would not hesitate to go again if we were on the area. Real Tuscan cuisine served with enough choices to make you want to come back for more.

1  Thank Michael B

Reviewed 22 September 2017

The setting is wonderful, the views from the terrace, the attention is impossible to be better and the food ... what about the food? It's all delicious, at its point, it's worth trying everything ... a treat.

1  Thank Cristina N
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

The quality of the food was good but not outstanding. We visited a week ago on a chilly September evening and sat inside when I think everyone arrived at exactly the same time so there was a little stress in the service which was quite disjointed.

The pasta was excellent and the starters were good. The meat secondi were also good. We were guided to some wine which was, again, good not outstanding.

I would imagine we were slightly unlucky with our night judging by other reviews and it is only this (and the pasta) which stopped me from giving the restaurant an average rating/3 stars. That said, if I was passing at lunchtime and could sit in their terrace with the hill views and have just a bowl of pasta and not care so much about service then I would definitely do that. So I'm slightly conflicted about this place but this is my best and honest review.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Great food always here, gorgeous setting with great views just outside the restaurant.
I highly recommend this as part of your Tuscan experience.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Had a wonderful evening at this delightful little restaurant in the hills of Chianti.
The food was excellent, especially the boar was fantastic as was the fillet of steak. The atmosphere was great with lovely staff. Highly recommend this to all Tuscan travellers

2  Thank trurab