“A true gem in Chianti ”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

We dined here for our second year wedding anniversary after finding it on TripAdvisor during our tour of Italy.

The food is exceptional and the chef really knows how to use what's in season to make some mouth watering dishes. After a delicious amuse bouche of creamed courgette and anchovies crostini, we started with creamy pugliese burrata and slow roasted tomatoes, with a side of fried lasagne for me. What a combo! My husband had the mosaic of scallops/prawns which were served just right with a tangy syrup on the side. For main I had the duck with orange and fresh grapes, my husband had the venison with Tallisker whiskey soaked chestnuts - both were cooked to perfection and every mouthful was a joy. For dessert I opted for the orange parfait and my husband had a decadent chocolate mousse. Each dish was brought out by the chef who explained the ingredient combinations and the origins of the food. He really cares about what he is doing and we knew we were in good hands.

We were in the area to celebrate the upcoming birth of our baby, and after we ate, the chef/owner came out and spent time with us to give us advice about our upcoming parenthood. Only in Italy would this happen - it was so wonderful to be treated like old friends. He also presented us with some black truffles, the first of the season, to eat the following day at our hotel. What a treat!

If you're looking for a special place to eat some wonderful combinations then you must book a table here and watch the sun go down over the Chianti hills!

Reviewed 24 June 2017

Actually went to this restaurant last year and forgot to write a review. It is hard to find - the address on their own website does not seem to be on the GPS systems in most rental cars. We got lost on both occasions! Great little restaurant when we finally got there - the Chef himself serves you at the table and explains the dishes. I can't think of a bad dish on the first occasion - we had fried ravioli, quail, beef tartare, chocolate fondant to name a few- all excellent. On this occasion, perhaps because I had very high expectations I was slightly disappointed. Don't get me wrong- the food was still great on the whole, but just little things- the bread was not so good, some of the dishes were underseasoned with salt. Overall it was still a good experience. We had steak tartare again (Still one of the best I have had), duck salad, pea soup with smoked trout (my favourite dish and I don't normally even like soup!), venison. Definitely worth a visit- if you can find it!

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Beautiful place, amazing host and the food is out of the chart.
This is the place where me and my girlfriend go when we want to leave the world behind.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

We (a group of five) had a dinner at Le Contrade on June 2017. The food, service, view, all. Just magnificent. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 18 June 2017

It was our last restaurant during our voyage in Tuscany and we absolutely fell in love with the location, the meal and most notably the "team"..

Andre, Verrucia and Ronaldo were outstanding, they have a sense of welcome, they obviously love what they do and they go to length to make your evening a delightful moment.

We were seated outside, the evening was warm and the surrounding views were sublime.. It's one of those places where you feel that all is good in the world....

The menu is a delight, the plates are difficult too choose because they incite you to want to taste a little a bit of everything..... Everything is prepared with taste, the dishes are colorfull and Andre and Verrucia have developed a sense of aesthetic which is very appealing.

Something very special in this restaurantt is that it is often Andre himself who serves your courses. He explains his choices, he helps you understand which certain elements have been chosen, he educates you...... It is wonderful to participate in this manner..

I cant think of any other restaurant where I have felt such attention to our well being, I can only congratulate everyone with all my heart for allowing us to spend such a wonderful moment.

At the end of our meal, we were the last people in the restaurant at this time, we spent a long time speaking with Andre, Verrucia and Ronalda, we could truly feel their passion, they also reserved us with a little surprise which we brought back home, this ensured that our wonderful memories last even longer.

Andre, Verrucia, Ronalda, thank you very much, from both of us for this superb occasion, we truly appreciate everything that you did for us..

We have no doubt that we will return on our next visit to Tuscany, it was a beautiful evening to finish our visit in such a beautiful place.

Grazie Mille, rimarrà nei nostri cuori