Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
1,036 results
All reviews pool attendant mon port yacht club sant elm lovely hotel pool area relaxing holiday restaurants and bars buffet breakfast la pergola reception staff sun loungers camp de mar andratx alien mont pools
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 August 2021

Up until the penultimate day, this was easily a 5 star review. The service was exceptional, the food was top notch and the room was comfy and quiet. Before arriving I had noticed a few reviews about certain groups of people impacting others but hadn't seen anything to back it up. That was until the day before we left where unfortunately a group turned up on our floor and proceeded to get absolutely hammered, till 2 in the morning, keeping everyone else up. They then proceeded to take over one of the pool's the next day.

I suspect Mon Port needs to decide what type of clientele they are looking to attract long term. If they aim for couples and families, great, they will easily continue being a superb resort. If however, they start bringing in more customers who are there to party I think they will start to push away their couple/family bookings.

We still had a great holiday and would certainly consider returning, but I will keep an eye on further reviews.

Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 11 August 2021

Friendly helpful staff, everything on tap and ready to go, rooms were comfortable, clean, and well serviced. Location is excellent, taxis on time for any further journeys, walk to Port Andraxt is 5 mins. Was first time on the island, but we will be back.

Room tip: Ground floor with access to pool area, Block 3 best I believe
Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 10 August 2021 via mobile

This was our 3rd visit to the Mon Port, we arrived on 24th July and stayed for 2 weeks. I’ve said everything that needs to be said in previous reviews and this visit was as wonderful as it always is. I know some earlier reviews mentioned issues with sun beds and that may have been an issue in previous weeks but there was never a problem in the 2 weeks we were there. Of course the big miss this year was Alien but you know I think Alien was a one off. I’ve been to other hotels and read other reviews on trip advisor about other hotels and you never get to know the pool attendant or see such glowing reviews about them on trip advisor. Nothing lasts forever and I think the hotel was lucky to have him for the time they did. Of course there were some small issues and they did centre around the pool area but it was more behaviours and we did speak to the hotel about them and the management put steps in place in the last few days and I’m sure everything will be sorted soon. That being said it didn’t spoil the holiday. This hotels best assets are its staff so a huge big thank you to David, Stephen, Fatima, Patricia, Marta, Xisco, Victor, Juan, Inaki, the chef, the wonderful Jasmina and all the other amazing staff. And finally last but certainly not least Alex. Makes the best cocktails in the resort and a real gentleman to boot!
I understand the hotel only managed to open for 2 months last year after the start of the outbreak and like many hotels and restaurants they are trying to make the best of a horrendous situation and stay afloat. So god willing we will be back for our 4th visit and hopefully very soon!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank galanoh
Reviewed 3 August 2021 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights & this was our second visit to the hotel. Loved it last time & loved it this time too. We were out into the accommodation block at the back (4) which hasn’t much in the way of views. Room was fine but during the night the couple next door had a raging row with the most colourful language so we asked to be moved next day which was no problem. This is not the norm for MP so don’t let that put you off.

We were moved to block 2 overlooking the pool which was much nicer. The rooms have been tastefully refurbed & are modern & comfy. Spacious balconies or patio for each room. Breakfast is absolutely superb. Fantastic selection& delicious food. Loved that you could get churros for breakfast.

Staff are superb throughout the hotel. Nothing was a problem. Pool area is spacious & lounger access was never an issue at near full occupancy. Pool bar & restaurant is good & well used.

Will be back very soon to revisit the hotel. Definitely one of our favourite places to stay in Europe.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2021

What a shame and almost a travesty! The wonderful old bar and accompanying furnishings have been ripped out by some trendy interior designer and replaced with what can only be described as Travel Lodge quality fittings! I did query this with a senior member of staff who told me the new furniture is easier to clean for covid reasons. Obviously this is not an issue with any other hotels we stayed at on our trip as all have maintained their old and original quality furniture etc.
Otherwise, the hotel remains as before, decent, if not rather basic, rooms, a great pool, good pool bar (albeit with a lunch menu that gets slimmer every time we visit) and , finally, enough staff to mean service is crisp and friendly.
So many good things still make it good value for money but what a crying shame about the awful, cheap new furnishings!

Room tip: If you want peace get an upper floor room, lower floors can be overlooked from the pool.