Canadas Best Value Inn and Suites(Summerside)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$133
US$128
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe ownerplace to stayhis wifepotatoessurreysummersidebridgelaundromatdecisionrefrigeratorsearchpei
Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

I travel every month for work and this is BY FAR the worst place I have ever stayed. In fact I downloaded this app just to tell people how bad my experience was. First of all it says it is a 200$ a week rate, that is before he takes the time to add a 200$ damage deposit, which he only returns 175$, a cost of 50$ per person , even though there are 2 beds per room, and a 25$ charge for someone to come in and clean the room once you leave! First let's start with his 50$ per person, I stayed there a couple of times due to there not being many places to stay because everyone shutdown in the off season, the first times there was no extra person charge then one day he decides to add this extra charge? Second he makes you pay extra for house cleaning but doesn't have the time to come and even change your towels, that's right you get two towels for however many people are in this room and thats for your entire visit!!! To top it all off it's a known fact he doesn't clean the room other then changing the garbage and making the bed, for instance I found 3 snots someone put on the walls, a used Bandaid on the floor under the register, and the dirtiest itchiest beds I have ever laid in. If it wasn't the winter I would of had more luxury in a tent . The wifi is also garbage .

Stayed: November 2016
Murray S, Owner at Anchor Motel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2017

There are reasonable guests and there are unreasonable ones. Clearly this fellow falls into the latter category. Everything we charge for is laid out at the beginning of the stay(and a guest signs a document confirming the details). Because we are an apartmentmotel in the off season we treat weekly and monthly rentals as apartments (therefore, like an apartment there are no services that you would ordinarily get with a nightly hotel rental). We collect a security deposit (regulated by the Province) for weekly and monthly rentals and from this we deduct a flat $25.00 for cleaning (ovens are almost never cleaned properly etc.). Our rates fluctuate with demand of course and are subject to change. While this person might have rented for $200 per week on one stay if they return they could be paying $225. We charge $50 for an additional person and this is clearly stated again on check in (an extra person staying for a week or month uses additional energy in showers, cooking etc.). This also helps control the number of people likely to occupy the room thus preserving the peace and quiet enjoyment of neighboring guests. For weekly and monthly guests we do not provide towels or other services; but they are available on a fee for service basis. We have a clearly marked waste and recycle area which we expect guests to make use of. With regard to cleanliness of the rooms each unit is thoroughly cleaned prior to EVERY new occupant. Our beds and bedding are nearly new and replaced often....many of the other comments from this individual are too preposterous to comment on...except one can wish that this person will take his/her business elsewhere. As the maxim goes "you cannot please everyone" especially someone as "complicated" as this person appears to be.

Reviewed 19 August 2016

My husband and I were having a difficult time finding a place to stay near Charlottetown so decided to try locations further away near Summerside and lucked into this gem of a place for 2 nights. Murray answered the phone to take our booking and speedily checked us in upon arrival. Murray was a great host, full of information if you asked a question and friendly and accommodating without being intrusive.
We were warned that the wifi service might be slow, but just waited till later in the evening to check email and such and had no trouble with the service. Coffee making supplies were also in the room.
Do not assume that if something is not in your room, it is unavailable. Yes, this is a basic motel, but was immaculately clean and served our needs very well. We had asked when booking for a fridge and were provided a room with one. Ice was available at the Office when we asked about it, as was a hairdryer.
Breakfast is included with the price of the room and is one of the best that we have had as a "free" breakfast option. The morning croissants and muffins are fresh baked with all kinds of other choices to please one's palate. Yum!
We would certainly recommend "the Anchor Inn and Suites /Bedeque" as a comfortable and good value accomodation option when visiting that area of PEI.
A sincere thank you, Murray et al, for your kindness and hospitality!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rosalie B
Murray S, Owner at Anchor Motel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2016

I shall be sure to pass these accolades along to my wife (who oversees housekeeping) and also to Annie, Irene and Debbie who do all the real work in keeping the rooms clean. I will also include Michele who keeps the breakfast rolling in the morning. My heart felt thanks Rosalie.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

Our stay at the Anchor was great from the time we drove up until the time we left. Murray and Nadia are the best host couple around! Murray made sure that we had everything we could possibly need. He even provided the tools for our impromptu lobster feast on the picnic table.
The room was so clean and the beds were comfy! I thoroughly appreciated the bedding, having stayed in a place that had horrid bedding the night before! I also appreciated having enough towels, soap, etc.
And then there was breakfast! Most places don`t have many options, especially for anyone on a gluten free diet. But Murray had everything -- including endless coffee!
Murray was also a wonderful resource for directions, tourist attractions etc. All around, this was a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank winn07
Murray S, Owner at Anchor Motel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2016

I am beginning to think I paid you too much! That is a very glowing report; and seriously, we all appreciate your kind remarks very much. I will share this with my wife and with the staff who do so much to assure your satisfaction.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

Murray's knowledge of the area - about where to visit and which restaurants were good, was invaluable. The rooms were clean and very comfortable with the added bonus of a laundromat. Breakfasts were nutritious with great background music and east coast hospitality. This is where I will stay when I come back for a longer visit of P.E.I.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank oldrocker2016
Murray S, Owner at Anchor Motel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2016

You are just too kind! We are always overjoyed to learn that our guests got the most out of their vacation, and we are pleased to have been a part of it.

Reviewed 8 August 2016

Murray, his wife and staff are very friendly and very accommodating. We were only going to stay for a couple of days but decided to stay for the week. It is centrally located and within easy distance to many parts of the island.
The rooms are very clean.
The continental breakfast is excellent with a large selection of breads, croissants, muffins, ham, cheese, hard boiled eggs, cereals, different milks, juices and of course coffee and tea.
Jerry & Ruth from Ontario

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank grapes20162016
Murray S, Owner at Anchor Motel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2016

Thank you...how very thoughtful. Often people who were satisfied do not take the time to place a compliment; while a dissatisfied party (no matter how minor the problem) will go out of their way to magnify the issue. Your comments are very much appreciated and help provide a perspective for others.

Murray and Nadia