See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 September 2015

Their services were excellent friendly staff and management . Rooms appropriately ideal for family and comfortable, location scenic from front and back of the rooms, restaurants, foods and services is magnificent.

Room tip: rooms at top level have better views
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Deborah B
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I visited this hotel for 4 nights 5 days. What can I say I no good. The hotel itself is fine but the drinks and food is very poor and cheap. If you are a person that love to go on vacation to have wonderful food and drinks please do not go to kokobay. The drinks are not the best the bartender on the beach tried his best. I was refused a drink when I asked for it. Can someone tell me what is all inclusive!?? These people do not have a full buffet they got a quarter of half buffet style food. Presentation very poorly. Again this is my review for someone else they can be fine with all this. I've been to a few places and this is definitely the worse. The reservation manager did his best. Thumbs up. NOTE: The staff has mess around with our personal belongings. Please be careful. When we came back to the room our stuff has been tampered with. And perfumes had been sprayed clothes had been sneaked through. I came with PERLA AIRLINES. DO NOT EVER TRAVEL WITH THIS AIRLINE. THE LIED AND
OUR FLIGHT DELAYED FOR AT LEAST 12 hours. Beware travelers.

Room tip: Don't even this about coming here you will regret it.
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephen_MDM
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel from July 24th- 27th. The night we arrived, the hotel staff gladly awaited for us to arrive so that we could have dinner since our flight had been delayed. The food was OK. A great amount of fresh fruits were available in abundance. The cleanliness could have been better though. During breakfast time there would often be cats walking around. The night shows were most enjoyable. The pool was good but again should have been cleaner. The pool bar had bees flying around the serving area. Wifi was available only in the lobby. Staff were very friendly and tried their best to understand what was being said by us even though they spoke little or no english. The rooms at the hotel were cleaned daily and fresh towels were put in. The hotel itself is very far from the shopping areas. About an hour drive.

Date of stay: July 2014
2  Thank trinippl
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I visited Kokobay hotel on 19 June-22 June 2014; the hotel was nice and clean. The pool was great. There was always running water in the taps. I was a bit disappointed with the hotel room; I felt it could have been more attractive and the lights did not work well. The television has a number of good channels, a few in English; so this was great. The food was good; in my opinion, and there was a lot of fruits. I was most impressed with the service; the staff was helpful and approachable. When they did not understand what I asked in English, they sought help from another employee who understood English. However, I may not visit Kokobay hotel again as the location is too far from many of the interesting places that I wanted to visit and liming in nearby places at night is impossible. The area is desolate. However, I visited the fort which gave beautiful views of the landscape. But it was a very good hotel experience.

Room tip: Rooms away from the pool area are quieter.
Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank 534marisa
Reviewed 3 April 2014

visited february 28th -march 3rd...........travelled solo reception was welcoming with a fresh drink and 1 person speaking very good english...check in was efficient .....room was cleaned daily and clean towels were offered daily ........a/c worked well a bit noisy later in the night...... cleanliness of the room was very good shower had no door so water spilled outside of shower ......had a good supply of hot water no problems with that ..........cable tv had a few english channels which was good .....general cleanliness of the grounds and pool was great .........FOOD was most times blah and my biggest problem was almost every food item contained pork ...bacon ...pork fat u name it... no vegetarian choices except salad and u have to check the salad carefully before eating u may just eat some bacon or ham ...the only thing i was safe eating was bread cheese and the desserts (no ham bacon or pork in that).....no labels on the food so u never sure of what u consuming .....fresh fruits were available daily and so was fresh juices which i really enjoyed .......................FLIES was visible by the dozens no joking about that and kitchen staff dont seem to be bothered by the flies they were sitting on the foods and having a feast grossssss........the bars were efficient in making the drinks i think there were 3 bars....only 1 main restuarant and a snack bar which only served hotdogs an pizza... ham and pork again no vegetarian .......the restuarant had a different theme every night so food had a good variety they did serve fish and chicken which tasted horrible ,,,,,,wifi was good but only in lobby ...but generally my stay was good but wont go back to kokobay due to the unsanitary buffet area ..dooors inroom had no peep holes just a flimsy door knob which makes u feel unsafe... ..currency exchange was between 55-80 bs to 1 us dollars which was great....krystal tours tour guides are rude and very unhelpful

Room tip: rooms closer to the pool has wifi access
Date of stay: March 2014