“Ultimate Luxury and Incredible Fun Family Vacation”

Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Gulf of Papagayo
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Our week+ at the Four Seasons exceeded our highest expectations!

We stayed just before the hotel was going to close for a huge make over..I must express my sincere appreciation for each and every staff member who took care of my family day/nite...Each "special" request was seamless and delivered with perfection.

Upon arrival, we were met by Ronny Fernandez, Hotel Mgr who insured our stay was simply....OVER THE TOP!..

And, I must applaud and thank the most gracious, Ella Coon who really went above and beyond each and every day for my family..Thank you Ella!
the week would have not been the same experience without you.

The staff is gracious and discreet. The people make the property truly special.

I must state in this review.. I believe the FS-Costa Rica surpasses the FS-HUALALAI without a doubt!\

Of course, the restaurants from breakfast to dinner were fantastic and prepared with perfection...

You will really enjoy the beach and water activities that the hotel has to offer.

Go to the Private Beach Club, which the FS has arranged entry for all it's guests..Great beach/infinity pool/bar/food...

We can't wait to return after the renovation..can't imagine the property even better but it will be even more incredible and luxurious..

Room Tip: Pool Suites are worth it!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Dawson1313
Ronny F, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Greetings Dawson1313,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent visit. It was a pleasure to meet you.I am thrilled that you were able to experience our resort and had an incredible family vacation thanks to Ella and the team. It is great to hear that you and your family were able to enjoy all of resort offerings from Prieta Beach Club to our daily resort activities and our restaurants. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back after our reimagination.

Resort Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,011)

Reviewed 27 August 2017

We very much enjoyed our 5 days at the Four Seasons Papagayo. The Arnold Palmer Golf Course was in excellent shape from tee to green with breathtaking views on every hole. The entire course is surrounded by jungle teeming with wildlife that you see wandering the course as well. The resort staff were some of the friendliest people on earth. The food in the restaurants was superb with Italian Cuisine in the main lodge and a steakhouse at the Golf Resort. We will definitely be back for more of this....Pura Vida! Bill and Sonia, Naples.

Room Tip: The rooms in the main lodge all had a private balcony overlooking the ocean.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BillEarls
Ronny F, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Greetings BillEarls,

Thank you for sharing your review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time on our Arnold Palmer course. It truly is a gem with all those views and wildlife you get to see from hole to hole. We are happy that you and Sonia had such a wonderful stay, and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

I've been to many Four Seasons and other luxury hotels around the world. I have never experienced a more impressive looking hotel. It was absolutely stunning. It far exceeds any Four Seasons Hotel in the World that I have visited. The landscape is breath taking and almost surreal at times. It is like a Hollywood movie set layout. There are two beaches with breathtaking views and sunsets. Photos couldn't do it justice. The staff was exceptional and extremely accommodating. The had many complimentary services like kayaking, snorkeling, trail walks, absolutely exceptional. Most Four Seasons I've gone to in the past charge for services. They had complimentary daily ice cream, desserts, refreshers... I can't put it into words how great they were. The food, however, was very expensive but it was good. We had two rooms with amazing views for our family and we all absolutely loved it. So much beauty, so many blessings. I would give this the highest recommendation of any place I've visited in the world, and that's saying a lot. Finally, get ready to be blown away when entering the complex, you will feel like you're on a Jurassic Park luxury expedition. I wish this hotel experience for everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank magicdisplay
Ronny F, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Greetings magicdisplay,

We are thrilled you had such a wonder experience at our resort. It truly is a special place, it is great to hear that you spent your time enjoying our beach and all our resort activities. Thank you for taking the time to share with the tripadvisor community your experience. We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

This hotel is pretty cool!

Let me start out by saying that this hotel is has a really cool layout! There is a small main hotel, but then there are these Canopy Suites and Villas which are awesome! To get to the Canopy Suites and Villas you have to get a ride in a golf cart which was cool intitally, but became a bit of a pain.

The workers could not be nicer and they keep the property immaculate! Truly impressive!

So, why didn't I give a 5 Star rating? Two reasons - Location and Red Tide.

Starting with the location, you are in Costa Rica. I didn't necessarily go to Costa Rica to lay on a beach. I went to Costa to see the jungle and surf. I didn't really do either. The cool jungle stuff - Volcano and Cloud Jungle are about 3.5 hours away. Too far for a day trip for me. To surf, you're looking at 1.5 hours away, which is doable, but I'm not looking to travel once I get to where I'm going.

The other thing is the Red Tide. A Red Tide is bacteria in the water which apparently happens at the beginning of the wet season when the rivers raise up and bacteria washes into the ocean. Long story short, we couldn't go in the ocean while we were there. Not the hotel's fault, but it is what it is.

One other thing that is strange are the guys who work on the beach selling excursions of differnt kinds. They offer the exact same service as the hotel, but at half the price. Good for me, but it was a strange setup.

If you are looking for a beautiful resort to just relax and be taken care of, this is your spot!

Room Tip: Choose a Canopy Suite or if you're a baller, go for the Villa!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank Rob S

Greetings Rob S,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your visit to our resort. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your Canopy suite and enjoyed first hand our Four Seasons service we are so proud of. We are deeply sorry that while you were visiting us you had to experience the Red Tide effect, and were not able to enjoy our beaches to their full extent. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Ronny Fernandez,

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Breathtaking views and meticulous property and golf course with monkeys and iguanas traversing the greens. Fantastic turn down service with mid day snacks, gorgeous pools and world class restaurants. On site beach was comfortable. Highly recommend for luxury and hope you can break free to take in the local guanacaste sites.

Room Tip: Monkeys, iguanas and baby raccoons roam free amidst manicured luxury.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank boutique64
Ronny F, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Greetings boutique64,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review of our resort with the tripadvisor community. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time while visiting our resort and taking in it's one of a kind views and enjoying our Four Seasons service and resort amenities. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gulf of Papagayo
4.5 km away
Andaz Costa Rica Resort At Peninsula Papagayo
Andaz Costa Rica Resort At Penin...
#1 of 13 in Gulf of Papagayo
4.8 km away
Secrets Papagayo Costa Rica
Secrets Papagayo Costa Rica
#3 of 13 in Gulf of Papagayo

Been to Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo? Share your experiences!