Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
One of the best vacations in my life

Never thought about surfing until I made it to Pura Via Adventures. Thanks to Tierza and her... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
talaloy
Atlanta, Georgia
Pura Vida Surf Camp

Reviewed 4 January 2021
danihyland
via mobile

All reviews tropico latino surf camp life changing pura vida yoga instructor fellow campers walks of life structured activities new friends the hotel staff amazing week green waves costa rica learn something great balance surf team food was fantastic
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 January 2021 via mobile

Thank you, Tierza, Lucy, Michelle, & Davido and all the hotel staff for a truly wonderful week. Was just the reset I needed. Met some amazing new friends, cleared my head, and rejuvenated my body to kick off 2021. Hard to leave such a magical place - but I will be back!

1  Thank danihyland
Tierza E, Owner at Pura Vida Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2021

We definitely had a blast! Thanks for ringing in the New Year with all of us, and we would love to see you again. Keep on surfing.

Reviewed 4 January 2021

This was my 4th camp with Pura Vida (3rd in Mal Pais) - this one was the best ever. The owner Tierza is a blast - amazing surf instructors. The outing to Cabuya was one of the best things I've done in my life. A blast every time - worth every cent - memories and friendships that last forever. Michele, Davide and surf master Lucie are incredible instructors. Highly recommend.

1  Thank MsNinaG

Definitely great memories and good friendships. What an amazing time we all had...and Cabuya was the icing on the cake.

Reviewed 3 January 2021 via mobile

Went with some friends for the surf and yoga New Years retreat with some friends. We had an absolutely phenomenal time. I never surfed before in my life. After 5 days I was able to get up on the board consistently and surf the whitewater waves in. I got the surfing bug! The accommodations are comfortable and food is fresh and healthy. The town is small, but has a relaxed vibe and there are great food options. Tierza is a fabulous host and she is completely dialed into the area. She was 100 percent present the entire time and really took excellent care of us. Her surf instructors, Lucie, Davide and Michelle are patient, funny, and friendly. If only all of my instructors were like them! The yoga setting was beautiful and serene. Highly recommend this pura vida adventure!

1  Thank Danica73

Besos to you Danica! You are awesome and I can't wait for you to move to Bend!!! Let's play again soon.

Reviewed 24 December 2020

Davide was such a passionate, knowledgeable instructor. His ability to break down the technique of surfing into manageable chucks was impressive. Even more impressive was his ability to watch us surfing (often failing;), and find little tips to help us progress. We have taken lessons from other surfing instructors, but never have we had anyone near the caliber of Davide! Pura Vida Adventures instructors and location can not be beat

Date of experience: December 2020
Reviewed 8 December 2020 via mobile

I was able to watch my son learn a whole new sport for years to come. What a relief this was to feel this freedom and learn the lessons of the sea with the guidance of Davide. You can feel the passion from Davide our instructor and it carried over into success for us! I was also very grateful he put safety front and center. He made it fun and creative with acronyms to remember the flow of all the moves that got my son over and over up on that board. Thank you!!!

Date of experience: December 2020