Hotel Tropico Latino
Nautilus Boutique Hotel(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$94
Casa MarBella(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
US$100
Villa Cacao Hotel(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
US$64
Canaima Chill House(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
US$71
Otro Lado Lodge and Restaurant(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
US$70
Fuego Lodge(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
US$70
Blue Surf Sanctuary(Santa Teresa)
US$110
Playa Cielo(Santa Teresa)
US$143
Villas Solar(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
Hotel Buenos Aires(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
All reviewspura vida adventuresbeach housecosta ricagreat spagarden viewbeachfront bungalowspa treatmentssurf campfacing the oceanprivate porchtropical paradisehotel groundsbeach chairsmal paisfront porchyoga studiogreat beach
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

This is a great hotel in Santa Teresa. I visit the area whenever I can, and always choose to stay here. The beachfront suites are fantastic. So close to the waves, yet still private and secure. The staff is amazing. They really go out of their way to make you feel welcome, and make sure you are well taken care of. Hotel grounds and facilities are top notch. This is the place to stay in Santa Teresa!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

I have been traveling Costa Rica by car for two months staying in hotels, Airbnb and resorts. Of the several dozen I have experienced Hotel Tropico Latino is simply the best.

The rooms are exceptionally well appointed and are genuinely in harmony with the stunning environment.

The grounds, restaurant, pool and the beach are all perfect.

What makes this place the best begins with the owners. Marco and Maria and their family have enormous hearts and complete dedication to doing business the way it should be done. Their commitment to sustainability is evidenced throughout the property designed with subtle reminders of the values of protecting Mother Earth. They have created a first class destination.

the staff are also exceptionally genuine, warm and welcoming. I had four spa treatments and they were all excellent. In particular, I received two Thai Yoga massage sessions with Daniel who is also the yoga instructor. He is an exceptional healer and a terrific hombre.

If you are visiting Santa Teresa this should be at the top of your list for a place to stay. I originally booked for 2 nights and ended up staying 4. I never wanted to leave. I will be back.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 March 2018

This was our first stay and we loved it! The location is great and the resort is beautiful! It is set far enough back from the main road that you feel like you're in your own happy paradise. We absolutely loved our room with the garden view. The staff was great as well, so friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2018

Amazing stay -- exceeded my expectations! I stayed here with a large group (~14 people) on a yoga retreat the first week of February. I'm not really a fan of staying at a hotel, I don't care if its the Bellagio, the Ritz or a Disney resort, its not something I generally enjoy. I don't like being packed in with so many people in an artificial environment and having a very generic experience. I'm always skeptical even if the website looks amazing. But this very intimate, oceanfront resort nestled under the trees was better than I was anticipating. So much natural beauty surrounding you onsite with buildings that melded into the scenery beautifully. I saw so many birds and a mama, daddy and baby howler monkey family navigating the trees onsite. I found Santa Teresa to feel very comfortable and safe and to have a bit of an international feel without being overly developed at all. The bakery in downtown was AMAZING with fresh pressed juices and friends enjoyed the sushi restaurant nearby. But we found little reason to branch out too far from Tropico Latino. Yoga in the open air shala facing the ocean was wonderful. I wish I had gotten a massage as so many in my group were raving about them. So many hammocks and lounges next to the beach but just under the shade that I enjoyed my morning coffee in or rested in the late afternoon out of the sun. This would be a great place for a honeymoon or if you required privacy for your vacation. I enjoyed seeing a small European family of 4 enjoying the pool, finding treasures on the beach and relaxing in the shade. I would feel comfortable bringing my teenage kids here for our vacation.

The staff was very attentive, they had a lot to coordinate for our large group as we had 2 yoga sessions & all 3 meals every day onsite (minus an excursion or two) for 7 days. We were a bit like herding cats at times for our menu selections and meal times, but they were always on top of it, professional and gracious. Also very helpful when we were wanting to make plans outside the resort to visit neighboring beaches for surfing, waterfalls or cruise around on an ATV etc. The menu wasn't expansive, but was delicious and healthy with local dishes. I enjoyed all of it. There is a little grocery across the street and we had a fridge in our room, so you could pick up some basics if you needed them. We did not, as it was so easy and enjoyable to just cruise down to the open air dining room/kitchen, chat with the staff and enjoy fresh pressed juice, coffee or your meal.

I stayed in bungalow #2, which was very large with 2 king beds plus a twin, large shower and bath, shaded patio off the front with a hammock and sitting area (perfect for late afternoon when you have had your fill of sun - like an outdoor living room). Always very clean. Yes you are asked to use the covered waste barrel for your bathroom paper, but I found this to be the case when traveling in the US & British Virgin Islands, Bali, Nicaragua or any tropical place located right on the sand. You'll be asked to do the same or be very conservative if you stayed on a luxury yacht as well. Never an issue as our room was cleaned daily. No ocean view from this bungalow but it didn't matter, you just step out your door and down the little path and you are there. I liked being just a little distance from the main hub of the resort. There is a little night life in the area so you will hear some music on certain nights, the howler monkeys are great to hear occasionally, I was woken up by what sounded like a huge coconut hitting the roof of the bungalow - all part of the experience! Generally I found it quiet people-wise with just enough hustle and bustle nearby to not be boring.

This was my first visit to Costa Rica and I so enjoyed the beauty of the land and people here. I have traveled all over, but this will be one of my favorite spots. Classy, unobtrusive but luxurious while honoring the surrounding natural character. I hope to return and would be very happy to stay at Tropico Latino again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank miche603
hoteltropicolatino, Manager at Hotel Tropico Latino, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

This review made my day!!!!
I have translated and passed it along to all the staff for them to read. They were really happy.
It really captures our essence, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience.
We hope to have you back next year!

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Great location, great staff. Great surf instructors at Pura Vida Adventures surf and yoga retreat. Clean rooms, food was excellent, very fresh. Pool right at the hotel too. I would return again anytime.

Room Tip: I stayed in one of the rooms near the main road, so there was some traffic noise. I would make sure to have an ocean view room next time.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo

Thank you so much for your kind words!