and 1 more site!
Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I can't say enough about our stay at Horizon and the owners, Gali and Yoav! From pre-planning my retreat to the execution- it was just perfect.

I lead yoga and service trips all over Costa Rica and as I used to live in the country, I am pretty informed about the locations I choose. For our last retreat, I was looking for a retreat center that was private (or at least one which I could rent the whole space), had an amazing yoga room, as well as incredible food. Our stay at Horizon satisfied our criteria- and then some!!!

Yoga: The yoga deck overlooking the ocean and the town of Santa Teresa was so unique! Birds, monkeys, and rainbows greeted our sunrise and sunset yoga practices. I know our time on the yoga deck will be unforgettable with my retreat guests. Yoav and other local teachers also offer public classes during the day; I wish I would have had time to take advantage of these while I was there (next time!). Many locals and travelers came to visit Horizon for classes and a great meal at the restaurant afterwards!

Food: The breakfast and snacks from the restaurant were incredible. Each of my participants had a different favorite meal, which is a testament to how great they all were! My personal favorites were the Tahini shake and an Israeli breakfast with tomato sauce- mmm...

Accommodations: Each guest room and villa was so comfortable, clean, and stylishly decorated. The AC was a nice touch from the heat of our busy days. The villas with private pools were also a big hit with my group!

The hotel is the perfect distance to town, which made excursions, beach time, and dinner out so easy, yet far enough away to keep the hotel quiet.

The owners Yoav and Gali were so gracious and accommodating for all of our needs; I can't say enough about the service from all of the staff.

On another note: We did a service project at PUEDO School and Proyecto Santa Teresa. I recommend checking these places out if you want to volunteer your time!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
horizonCostaRica, Owner at Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Beautiful Meredith,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write those warm words!
We had the privilege to host your retreat and watch you exploring with your ppl deeper in to the NOW!
A dance of truth . . .
Was so fun to cook for you and know that you can connect and appreciate those organic, energetic, healing ingredients!
Missing your voice flowing from the yoga deck!
Keep on with the path!
Blessings from all of us - Yoav & The Whole Horizon Family (fellow explorers).

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Having a hotel myself in Costa Rica I am sure I can give a valid review.
We start at the head, Gali is a great host, full of love and very helpful. The breakfast is absolute top and the vision is to serve healthy food. Perfect.
Rooms are clean, fitted with a little cooking area. The terrace overlooking the ocean has also a hammock. Perfect too.
The view from the Yoga Shala is astonishing.
This was my first trip to Santa Teresa and I highly recommend this hotel and will revisit for sure.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kurt R
horizonCostaRica, Owner at Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Dear Kurt,
We are full of gratitude to have had you with us.
Your words, as a like minded, hotel owner, warms our hearts.
We feel blessed that you have chosen Horizon for your visit in town, and your heart connected with the essence of the place.
Biglove!
Yoav, Gali & The Whole Crew.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

I can't explain it in words, I find myself coming to this spot on the planet again and again. gali and yoav created this paradise space hotel with so much gentleness, devotion, in within the Tao.
Again, I had a perfect morning ♥️ started with yoga on the beautiful sea view yoga deck! Then amazing 1.5 hour massage with kimi chi!!! Its beyond massage, it's healing!!!! Thank you kimi!
...then enjoying the ocean view with the best breakfast, full of colors and tastes...
sooooo much inspiration
Thanks !

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
horizonCostaRica, Owner at Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Thank you beauty!

You found the spot, and the spot found you!

Happy you enjoyed our organic food and yoga! Happy you had the chance to experience this great massage!

Always a pleasure having your energy here!

Looking forward to your return!

Yoav, Horizon.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

It was our first time in Santa Teresa and Horizon was the best choice for us. Though we had hoped to do yoga everyday, the town and its beauty distracted us be the end of our 5 nights.
We were in a 2 bedroom villa overlooking the ocean. A beautiful place to watch the evening lightning storms. The kitchen had everything we needed & we were thankful for the filtered water from the sink.
The room was clean and the smoothies delicious. I would recommend to others.
**Highlight of my trip was was my 7 year old achieving a headstand during our private yoga session! The yoga in the rooftop playform is truly amazing.**

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kristez
horizonCostaRica, Owner at Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear Kristez,

We want to thank you for this review!

Was so fun to have you in yoga! Kids can teach us always to be more playful! Big hug to her! And you all!

Was great to see you in our restaurant in the mornings!

Thank you for opening your senses and hearts to the beauty surrounding!

So happy you enjoyed your time with us.

Biglove from us all -

Yoav, Gali, and The Whole Horizon Crew!

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Wife and I just came back from Santa Teresa and Costa Rica. We spent a couple of days at the Horizon as we celebrated our 15th year wedding anniversary and could not have chosen a better place to do this. Beautiful rooms with amazing views. The whole area is very calming and relaxing. The owners made us feel at home right away, were super attentive and helped us with every type of question we had. Cannot recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank donRillo
horizonCostaRica, Owner at Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Dear dear friend,
We are so happy you chose Horizon for your 15 years anniversary celebration!
Happy moments with you two!
Keep the fire of love going!
Blessings,
Yoav, Gali and the whole Horizon Family.