I can't say enough about our stay at Horizon and the owners, Gali and Yoav! From pre-planning my retreat to the execution- it was just perfect.
I lead yoga and service trips all over Costa Rica and as I used to live in the country, I am pretty informed about the locations I choose. For our last retreat, I was looking for a retreat center that was private (or at least one which I could rent the whole space), had an amazing yoga room, as well as incredible food. Our stay at Horizon satisfied our criteria- and then some!!!
Yoga: The yoga deck overlooking the ocean and the town of Santa Teresa was so unique! Birds, monkeys, and rainbows greeted our sunrise and sunset yoga practices. I know our time on the yoga deck will be unforgettable with my retreat guests. Yoav and other local teachers also offer public classes during the day; I wish I would have had time to take advantage of these while I was there (next time!). Many locals and travelers came to visit Horizon for classes and a great meal at the restaurant afterwards!
Food: The breakfast and snacks from the restaurant were incredible. Each of my participants had a different favorite meal, which is a testament to how great they all were! My personal favorites were the Tahini shake and an Israeli breakfast with tomato sauce- mmm...
Accommodations: Each guest room and villa was so comfortable, clean, and stylishly decorated. The AC was a nice touch from the heat of our busy days. The villas with private pools were also a big hit with my group!
The hotel is the perfect distance to town, which made excursions, beach time, and dinner out so easy, yet far enough away to keep the hotel quiet.
The owners Yoav and Gali were so gracious and accommodating for all of our needs; I can't say enough about the service from all of the staff.
On another note: We did a service project at PUEDO School and Proyecto Santa Teresa. I recommend checking these places out if you want to volunteer your time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Horizon ocean view hotel and yoga center. Our cabins and villas are fully equipped luxury units. Located on a hill side just above the center of town, only 5 minutes walk from the white sands of the amazing Santa Teresa beach, with its famous surfing points. We have three different pools dipping in wild tropical gardens, tea house & fresh vegetarian kitchen. The panoramic ocean view yoga deck is located at the highest point of the hotel. We parctice yoga daily as well as Pilates, and offer various types of massage treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horizon Ocean View Hotel And Yoga Santa Teresa
- Horizon Ocean View Santa Teresa