A large quiet room filled with clutter and unusable furniture and other stuff,
mostly from the 1960-70s, including several shelves of paperbacks from the
same period, resulted in very little empty floor space, giving a cramped feeling.
A plus is the screens on the windows, confining the mosquitos to the outside,
and allowing fresh air at night. Tiny washroom but normal shower. Tiny fridge. Wi-Fi is spotty and often didn't work at all.
A nice private patio was a good sitting area to read or watch the birds,
although the grassy areas had chiggers. The hotel is in a very large
garden in a nice residential area of mansions in well manicured gardens.
The breakfast of coffee, fruit, eggs or pancakes, juice is satisfactory but
became monotonous (exactly the same every day) during our one week stay. And I never understood why they called it "Royal".
The hotel is somewhat isolated from the main street of El Valle, about a 15 minute walk to the nearest supermarket (and I'm a fast walker), about a 30 minute walk to the
restaurant area, the market, or bus stop. Very inconvenient without a car.
There are taxis but sometimes hard to find. I don't recommend this place
unless you have a car.
Bicycles can be borrowed but be careful, the brakes on many of them need adjustment and can be dangerous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly Romantic Getaway for those in quest of the best. Quiet, lovely country charm amidst its vast lush green gardens with centuries old trees, home to many species of birds. This family run B&B offers First Class lodgings, cozy, nicely decorated and well-equipped accommodations. A comfortable and beautiful 2 floor house for families and 2 lovely garden suites for families of 4, with kitchen facilities. Personalized attention granted by owners. Enjoy the unique and hearty PanAmerican Royal Breakfast. Nestled in the mountains, El Valle de Anton offers an Excellent Bird Watching Experience and year-round 70F to 78F temp. Bird Watching, excursions, hiking, ecological and canopy tours, horseback riding, hot springs and colorful Sunday Market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Park Eden Bed & Beakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Eden Bed And Beakfast
- Park Eden Bed & Beakfast Hotel El Valle De Anton