Santorini had been on my spouse's wishlist since we met nearly a decade ago, and we finally made the trip on a recent June honeymoon. The island overall lived up to the hype—wonderful weather, picturesque vistas everywhere you turned, cuisine worth the price of admission itself—but we honestly enjoyed our morning and evenings relaxing at the Mill House most of all.
It starts with the staff. Panos, Pilot, and company are genuinely some of the warmest, most welcoming people we interacted with throughout all our travels. If you simply want an easy, accommodating housing experience, the team can provide that tenfold—breakfast in the morning is robust and prompt, the rooms are clean (and it's a snap to get extra espresso capsules or water bottles), you never have to lift a finger unless you so choose, and desk staff can quickly and easily get you started with any experience you're interested in on the island (can vouch for and recommend the sunset cruises).
But what separates Mill Houses (aside, again, for its exquisite location and generally good value given the accommodations/proximity to various points of interest) is the staff. If you're in a social mood, you can often hear plenty of stories and get information about life on the island or about Greece overall, and people are quick with great suggestions about neighborhoods to aimlessly walk through or restaurants and drinks to try away from the main tourist areas. It makes Mill Houses feel more like a community and less like a hotel. We'd stay here again in a heartbeat, but we'd just as willingly swing by to say hello to everyone even if we ended up down the road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The endless Aegean sea... Deep blue flirting with pigments of rugged stone... The breathtaking Caldera, as in a picture from a famous postcard... At the bay of Firostefani, on the stately rock that bridges the sky with the sea, the whitewashed figure of Mill Houses Boutique Hotel & Suites in Santorini, looks like hovering over the mesmerizing cliff. With a unique view to the volcano of Santorini - the symbol of power of a sea that historically united cultures - our hospitable suites seem entangled in an indiscernible dialogue with the mythical elements of the island. Live an unforgettable experiece at our dreamlike Boutique Santorini Hotel & Suites in Firostefani. Honeymoon in Santorini ? Make it an experience of a lifetime. We can skillfully organize your Santorini wedding according to your needs and wishes. Our Santorini boutique hotel offer honeymoon suites with verandas overlooking the Volcano island. Honeymoon in Santorini with hundreds romantic getaways, a perfect beginning to your new life! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mill Houses Elegant Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mill Houses Studios And Suites
- Mill Houses Studios Hotel Firostefani
- Mill Hotel Studios
- Mill Houses Elegant Suites Santorini/Firostefani