Lowest prices for your stay
US$34
Hotels.com
US$34
ZenHotels.com
US$29
TravelocityUS$34
FindHotelUS$47
Orbitz.comUS$34
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 October 2019

The hotel is located in the heart of the city which makes almost everything within walking distance. We stayed there for two nights. Our room had only one window and it was very noisy especially during the night. It was clean but not spotless. In the bathroom there was only a soap dispenser (!!!) haven't seen that before... Breakfast was below average with undercooked eggs and the worst juice ever. Clearly this is not a boutique hotel! Employess friendly and polite but I don't think I'll visit again

Date of stay: October 2019
2  Thank Tanya M
Reviewed 2 October 2019

As I read the reviews I keep agreeing with all the poor comments. The pictures on the website make the property out to be first rate. The location though is fantastic.
Our first encounter was the gentleman on reception. More like the fill in night porter as he had no personality.
When we saw the bathroom it looked like something out of the movie set of the flintstones. I couldn't even say it was 1970s bathroom it wasn't even just tired, it was dirty. Had no soap in the dispenser in the shower for 3 days and had to keep asking reception to organise. The towels were so thin you could shoot peas through them!
The fact they didn't have a safe in the room I could accept. But to ask to rent a locker for my valuables. Seriously, that takes me back to the 70's.
The breakfast was average and gave we up eating the tomatoes as they were so old they tasted off.
I have to say the pool was nice and the lovely lady in the dining area in the afternoon was very enthusiastic and pleasant.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank BJ_Aus
Reviewed 9 September 2019

We stayed here two days with my girlfriend and there was two nights too much in this "hotel". Hotelroom was dirty, the toilet was loose from the ground, floor was so dirty that if you didn't wear socks your feets were black, there was blood on a bed cover, you hardly got hot water from shower... Also the breakfast was awful. Not even two star hotel, never again!

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank MikkoH8787
Reviewed 28 August 2019

First off, hotel Amphytrion is located very well, you can easily walk to the old/new town in just 5 minutes. So that was the positive side regarding this hotel.

The cleaning-service is very annoying whereas they usually wake you up around 8am to clean your room, I’m on a holiday so what the **** are you doing here at this period of the day... moreover they are very loud and yelling to each other which will wake you up anyway in the early morning.
Oh and if you want to keep your belongings safe? Just make sure to hire a locker, because the housekeeping will left your balcony-door freshly open and your front door...... same story.

Besides, the manager of the hotel has been keeping our passports for like 8 hours... why does someone need our passport for 8 hours? You can just write down everything you need in 30 seconds?

Lastly, if you have ordered a kingsize bed for two persons? forget it, two small single beds will do aswell. Is there a flat screen? just call it a microwave, I wasn’t even planning on using this thing anyway, but nice 4-star rated hotel.....

I recommend you to find something else, except the fact that you might fancy the location.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2019

It’s ranked a 4 star hotel, but in our experience that doesn’t justify the hotel. The location of the hotel is perfect, within 5 minutes you are in the Old Town and you are in the middle of New Town (the stores are one street away).
We booked a room with a queen size bed but it was seperated in two sections. Of the eleven days we stayed, the electricity didn’t work every time we came home from the beach (the beach is a ten minute walk). So we fixed it ourselves and one day we showered in the dark. Another thing that bothered us was the fact that the cleaning staff came knocking on our doors every day at 9 am, because it’s our vacation we woke up because of that and told them to come back later. One of the things that annoyed us a lot, is that we close the balkony door every single day and when we came back from the beach the door was always open. The cleaners opened our balkony door but never closed it. The rooms are very noisy and you can hear every conservation in the hall or another room. The wifi sucks to be honest, every time you lock your phone you need to reconnect with the wifi and fill in the password.
The view is not great, a lot of dilapilated buildings and the swimming pool is very small and closes already at 6 pm. And the bathroom looks more like a bathroom of a 1 star hotel.
There are no lockers in the room, so you can rent a locker in the lobby (not a nice feeling to leave all your important stuff in the lobby).

Long story short: it’s not worth the money except if you like a good central location.

Date of stay: August 2019