All reviews old town windy beach nice hotel sea view mini market air conditioning night porter three star reasonable size breakfast room swimming pool bar street min walk quiet street nice pool fourth floor room cleaning
Reviewed 19 May 2017

Lovely little hotel, set a street up from the main seafront. Top rooms have a view out to sea.
Staff are brilliant, and the hotel is spotlessly clean! You could eat your dinner off the floors!! Really comfortable rooms.
Breakfast was adequate, but not a great variety.
Within walking distance of the Old Town.
Nice quiet area..

Room tip: You will need to go for the fifth or sixth floors to get a sea view.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AglaHotel, Owner at Agla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your fabulous five star review and we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us . I do note your comment about the breakfast and the only thing I can say in mitigation is that we know about this problem but are unable to find a good breakfast chef. In spite of the massive unemployment a lot of hotels are unable to find trained staff especially for the kitchen as the large resort hotels take all the best staff. I hope you appreciate my honesty but I do investigate all comments and always try to be truthful. I hear that the weather in the UK is very good at the moment so wish you a great summer.

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

A decent 3 stars hotel in a close proximity everywhere. Away from the tourist masses. Very good price/quality -ratio. Superb staff. Comfortable beds.

We had some issues with AC and walls are thinner than paper.

Trip type: Travelled on business
AglaHotel, Owner at Agla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your positive comments. I think I have already answered this report on another review website but will repeat for anyone who wants to read.
We do have a note that you reported your air conditioning was not working and we sent our technician, he could find nothing wrong with it so we can only assume that when you tried it you had a window slightly open. However we will keep an eye on our log book to see if this happens again.
Secondly as we could have shown you how thick our walls actually are as we have some adjoining rooms where you can see the thickness, The problem is the windows in the bathroom which are close to other windows and the false ceilings in the bathroom. We are working to find a solution but so far we have not. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us .

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

My 4* rating reflects good value for money paying just £22-25 per night and not 4*luxury

Room a good size, basic but comfortable
Little fridge in the room a bonus
Black out curtains pretty good and net across patio great for leaving door open without bug invasion!
Little balcony nice even if the view was not up to much
Would have been nice if there had been a kettle in the room
Hanging area good for clothes with hangers provided
Air con good
In room safe handy
Tv fine with news channel in English and lots of other channels in other languages
Bathroom small and a little tired looking, but perfectly clean and functional
No lock on door, and door frosted glass... so you need to be friendly with your room-mate!!!
Hairdryer in bathroom handy, but very weak so no good for long thick hair, if this you..bring your own!
Hotel location good, a stones throw from beach, a few minutes walk to the start of the run of shops and bars and restaurants . Bit of a noisy area though, not from bars late at night but from shouting people, bins slamming shut, dogs barking, traffic noise and beeping day and night... nothing that will keep you awake but constantly breaks the peace
Housekeeping good, even when we were out the room later in the day
Breakfast Good, nothing fancy but perfectly adequate with a reasonable variety.... but no cup of tea!
Little shop attached handy for essentials
Bar in lobby, entertainment don some nights, but can be noisy in rooms until quite late
Pool area seemed ok, quite small and always busy so we never actually got to spend time there as we were not awake early enough to get a spot
On check out there was a luggage storage area in the basement (couldn't find a lift to it so had to carry heavy case up/down stairs). The area had lockers in it to secure the cases, each locker cost €2 and fits one big case or two small ones
There was also a scale to weigh your case costing €1 per time
Reception staff always friendly and helpful, all we met seem an asset to the hotel

Overall a comfortable stay in a good location, good value for money

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joanna H
AglaHotel, Owner at Agla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

My Dear Guests,
Thank you so much for your very concise and truthful review. I just want to make a couple of points which could help in the future when you visit any hotel.
First of all for just 5 euro you can have a kettle and cups for all of your stay. We used to have kettles in all the rooms but we stopped this when the room maids were spending a lot of time cleaning them out after someone had boiled soups, eggs or spaghetti in them. Now we offer them as an extra and if you book the superior package you also get coffee, tea, milk and sugar supplied too.
The hairdryers are as you said but we are hoping to change these in our next renovation.
You can ask for tea in the breakfast area and this is given free of charge but if you have a cappucino, espresso or greek coffee there is a small extra charge.
Unfortunately we cannot do anything about the noise . generally this is a much quieter area than nearer the town but the Greek people are by nature noisy and do shout. I always notice this when I come back from the UK but it is a cultural thing.
Thank you for all the notes and tips you gave and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff helpful and friendly because as a hotel our aim is to make every guest feel welcome.
Many thanks

Reviewed 28 April 2017

The Hotel itself was very pleasant, a warm welcome on arrival. The bar area is small but staff especially Taso and Maria made it a nice place to have a quiet drink. The bedroom was adequate and towels were changed almost daily. Restaurant was clean but chaotic and a big thank you must go to Jenny, Dilyiana and Anna who worked tirelessly during our time there with an ever pleasant smile. The desk staff were all very helpful. On the whole a very enjoyable stay. The downside for us was the food which was repetative and not much choice especially for those who do not eat meat. Sometimes having to wait for hot food to be topped up. Lunch is in the bar and consists of salad for starter and usually has the same hot meal choice each day, I existed on pasta for this meal! and usually salad for the evening meal.

Room tip: we had a front facing room on the second floor overlooking the street it was fairly quiet.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AglaHotel, Owner at Agla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2017

Dear Guests, Thank you for your mostly positive review and we are pleased that on the whole you enjoyed your stay with us. I note your comments about the meals and will certainly have another word with the chef about this. I will also check the lunch menus as I was under the impression that we do have different choices. I do eat most of my meals at the hotel too.
Thank you for taking the time to make this review and I hope we can implement a better food standard. Enjoy your summer.

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

Recently I visited Rhodes and accommodate at Agla Hotel.
Very good service, understanding and trying to help. Rooms are clean and air conditioned.
Very good and rich breakfast.
24/7 desk.
Only con is WiFi code for 24 hours. Next day you should to log in again

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
AglaHotel, Owner at Agla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your 5 star review and for your brilliant comments. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will return to visit us. A bit puzzled with your wi fi comment as we cannot ask you what precisely is the problem. However than you so much for taking the time to write a lovely review.