Lowest prices for your stay
US$72
PricelineUS$73
Hotels.comUS$84
TravelocityUS$84
1,304 results
All reviews old town opposite the beach junior suite elli beach a sea view room yogurt rhodes aquarium nikos maids
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 October 2020

I stayed at this hotel for a week and really could have stayed a month or more. In my opinion: Perfect. Opposite the sea; short walk from the town; spotlessly clean and right from the friendly receptionists to the maitre‘d and waiters, everyone always had a smile and a welcoming word. The Manager was present to greet guests and when staff see that their manager is always hard at work, they take their cue from her to do the same. And they really, really do work very hard indeed.

The hotel faces the sea and has a lovely aspect if you ask for a sea view room. It’s spotlessly clean and the chambermaids make sure they leave it spotless each day. The room is very comfortable. One complaint: the basin tap in the bathroom needs repairing… makes a lot of noise when opened slow – ok when fast. And the room could do with a few more hooks!

The hotel takes sanitising very seriously with lots of sanitising liquid everywhere and temperatures taken each time guests walk into the hotel. Staff all wear masks & guests are required to do likewise. It looks quite easily the best hotel in the area… clean, friendly and within a few minutes walk one is near shops and restaurants. A easy ten minute walk takes one to the town centre & thence to the old town. There’s also a church within 7 minutes walk from the hotel for those who want to go on a Sunday. And if you’re a gambler the casino is literally next door! There’s a swimming pool alongside the bar and an outside covered drinks and dining facility in good weather. Also a narrow garden with chairs & tables at the back.

The buffet breakfast is plentiful, with cereals, fruit and three types of eggs; meat, cheese. yogurt etc. Bread/croissants, butter/jam are brought to the table as is coffee. Now here is one complaint I have. The cups are too small (2 gulps & its gone!) and the waiters have to dash back & forth pouring coffee four & five times for a copious coffee drinker like me. (Next time I’ll bring my own large mug with me and save harassing the waiters.) Also I booked half board but the 5-course dinners were (in my opinion) so large that I had to keep requesting smaller portions. I would, however, have appreciated more Greek food instead of non-descript international cuisine, good though it was. After all, I was in Greece, looking forward to Greek food.

But all in all I loved the hotel. The room had an (empty) mini fridge for one’s own stuff; wifi worked splendidly in both the lobby and in the bedroom; there was a complimentary safe in the room; a good umber of hangers (normally not so in many hotels); good quality complimentary toiletries; a cube with different sized sockets for people to charge their phones or use other appliances - a great help.

I’ll be going back to the Mediterranean on my next visit to Rhodes….. and can’t wait.

Room tip: Rooms facing the sea have gorgeous views.
1  Thank zigzag2
Hotel Mediterranean, General Manager at Hotel Mediterranean, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2021

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor, further to your recent stay in our Hotel. On behalf of all our Hotel Mediterranean Team, we would like to thank you for selecting our Hotel for your vacation and expressing in such a warm way your holiday experience in our Hotel, we all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again .

With sunny regards from Rhodes,

Reviewed 22 October 2020

I stayed at this boutique hotel recently. It is ideally situated bang opposite the beach. The hotel is absolutely super, the staff are wonderful from the front desk to the chamber maids. I can’t fault it in any way. So my sincere thanks to everyone at The Mediterranean for making my stay so enjoyable. I will be back very soon.
David Paton

Room tip: I think all the rooms are great.
Reviewed 9 October 2020 via mobile

We have been in this hotel for 14 days, nice and beautiful wives and close to Ellis Beach.
The hotel manager made our beds extra soft as we asked for.
The room was nice and clean and got fresh towels every day, clean and nice area and a good breakfast room, but not the farthest staff to serve the coffee and breads.
Breakfast was good but the bread very thoug.
The room is very sounded and here easily the one next door and had now in our 14 days stay here had 2 nights with neighbors that had absolutely to sit on the balcony to early morning, talking loudly and hearing music and dot care if they are keeping other awake or wake one up from a needed sleep, and if we ask them nicely to be quiert they just laugh at you, so this is our first and last time in this hotel. We have payed a lot off money to stay on a hotel, relaxing we thought and end on a grownup hotel where it seems ok to annoying other guests.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2020 via mobile

Excellent place close to the old city nice and professional services by kind staff. Good food, nice rooms facing thé beach, good buffet breakfast. A relaxing stay in safe conditions in the covid context.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank annedevouche
Reviewed 5 October 2020

We have been visiting Rhodes Town for the last four years but it is the first time we have stayed at the Mediterranean. We had a lovely week there. A friendly welcome when we arrived quite late in the evening. Sometimes setting our table ready for breakfast was a little slow but the young lady loading up our breakfast plate was delightful and there was plenty of choice. Lovely ladies on the Hotel entrance testing our temperature and sanitising our hands. Plenty of hand sanitisers. Our room was spacious and clean. I loved the Breakfast Room with the mellow music in the morning. Very civilised! Opposite the beach and close to all amenities, it was ideal

Room tip: Ask for a room at the front with a sea view
Date of stay: September 2020