2 people are viewing this hotel
Orbitz.comUS$52
CheapTicketsUS$52
ZenHotels.comUS$44
1,123 results
All reviews old town sea view minute walk reception staff restaurant staff tea coffee small pool very nice hotel air con half board breakfast and dinner every evening main bar week holiday cleaned every day restaurants and bars greek night
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 October 2021

I got a single room in 5th floor with a balcony and fascinating see view! I could watch sunset in the evening and moonset early in the morning. The room itself wasn't spacious - just enough for one person. There was a small fridge and even an electric kettle, hair dryer in the bathroom. Nice and clean bathroom, suitable furniture. The food was excellent! Very nice and helpful staff. Good location near to the ancient city centre (15 min walking) and beach (3 min). I would like to stay there again ;-)

Date of stay: September 2021
Reviewed 28 October 2021

I had a three week stay here and can say with hand on heart that this hotel felt like home. The team were all so lovely and welcoming. As a Solo female traveler on her first trip alone, I was a little anxious about eating alone, but I need not have worried.
The restaurant team are amazing. Savvas(maitre d), Yiota, Vangelis, Stefanos and Eleftheria were all so lovely. Yiota and Savvas especially but all the team members on the front line in the hotel all made an effort to make you feel comfortable, welcome and even have a little chat. It really was a bit of a wrench when I left to come home.
Rhodes is a magical city and the Semiramis is a great hotel to stay in. It’s close to the Acropolis, the Old Town, the Port, you get to see fabulous sunsets every night and if you walk to the top of a hill you can see the sunset to the west and then turn 180 degrees you can see the moon rising. Stunning.
The Semiramis is a modern, very clean hotel that takes Covid safety very seriously. My room was cleaned every day, my bed made and clean towels. I honestly can’t fault this hotel and it’s team. As with most Mediterranean hotels, the acoustics are the only issue. As a very light sleeper I always come prepared with plenty of earplugs so was not bothered about the doors banging closed. I use silicone earplugs; they worked a treat.
Also, as a female solo traveller I found Rhodes to be really safe and the locals are so lovely. Yiota especially was so kind to me, making sure I felt comfortable and welcome, always greeting us all with a smile and a lovely welcome.
I shopped at Rhodes new town where I found all the staff really helpful. I love this Hotel and I loved my stay. The owner of this Hotel should be so proud of his team and they should be proud of themselves as they delivered faultless customer service with a smile, no matter what time. I will definitely be visiting again, great hotel, great city, great people, great sunsets, great beaches (though mainly pebbly), great history, great food, great everything hehe.

Room tip: Room 307 boasts a clear view of the sunset every night, though there is a hotel between the hotel and the beach.
1  Thank 806ellainel
Reviewed 24 October 2021

I spent two wonderful weeks in Rhodes and chose the Semiramis Hotel, firstly for convenience since I could stay in Rhodes city and then move around the island from there. My choice was perfect. I was given a room on the ground floor, which was very comfortable and had amenities such as, fridge, a colour TV, Aircon, kettle, hairdryer and a safe. My bed was very comfortable and everything I needed was provided, plenty of towels and those were changed promptly on request. The hotel has also a swimming pool and sunbeds, although I did not use those facilities. My booking was half board, thus I had access to both breakfast and dinner. Both breakfast and dinner were excellent, served as a buffet, with plenty of choices for everyone. Food was excellent in abundance and very tasty. What made the dining and breakfast experience memorable were, the member of staff Savvas(maitre d), Yiota, Vangelis, Stefanos and Eleftheria who were the kindest people, you can meet. They were friendly, professional and always ready to deliver the best customer service. The bar staff, Vasilis and Silver fox(I cannot remember the name of the other barman) were also very professional and very friendly. I ordered drinks and everything was served with a big smile. Many thanks to Vasilis for those excellent Amaretto sour. For someone who rarely drink, I really appreciated the quality of their cocktails and wines. Receptionist staff was also very professional and check in and check out, were absolutely fine. The hotel is located 12 minutes from the old town, and only 2 minutes from the beach, and a 10 minutes walk from the bus station, where you can catch many buses, which will take you to many destinations. Overall, it was an excellent experience, and I would definitely use Semiramis Hotel again and, would definitely recommend Semiramis to others. Thanks to everyone for the excellent stay.

Date of stay: October 2021
Angeliki Intza, Μάρκετινγκ at Semiramis City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2021

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Semiramis city hotel!

We are glad to know that you enjoyed our culinary art, facilities and services.

Indeed, our staff members are true stars; They are always willing to offer personalised services and make our guests feel like home.

Thank you once again and we are looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 20 October 2021

Our first trip since lockdown on a cheap get away we had booked in 2020.

The hotel was clean and modern and catered for both holiday makers and business clientele. The location was excellent a short stroll to numerous bars and restaurants, a couple of minutes to the stony beach and 20 minute walk to the Old Town

Although the sea view was questionable. being in a city it wasn't surprising.
The balcony was very small but did have a table and 2 chairs.

The room was modern and had everything to make the stay comfortable.

Our stay included a buffet style breakfast which had a good selection of hot and cold food, also continental items and fresh fruit.

The delightful Yiota greeted us each morning with a lovely smile and showed us to our table, she made you feel special and nothing was too much trouble

There is a small outdoor pool but not many sun beds and due to its location half the area was in the shade in the afternoon.

Date of stay: September 2021

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing to spend your holidays at Semiramis city hotel!

We are glad to know that you enjoyed both our room facilities and breakfast buffet!

At Semiramis city hotel, our happy staff in combination with our modern facilities contribute to deliver an exceptional service for our guests.

Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 19 October 2021

In a nutshell, our stay was very comfortable. Firstly and most importantly, CV19 is taken very seriously here. When I go away on holiday, I aspire to sleep and eat well, have a decent shower and feel at ease - that is exactly what we got. The room was a little on the small side but manageable. In the room was a king size bed, kettle with a couple of teacups (bring your own tea/coffee and buy some milk), a fridge, a TV with remote, wardrobe, dressing table with mirror, chair, a couple of bedside tables, en suite with shower and balcony. We took a small extension lead with us but without it, we'd have managed with the number and location of plug sockets. There was a travel type hairdryer in the bathroom too. The towels, bathroom glasses, remote control etc were presented in sealed bags with a sticker indicating they had been disinfected/sanitised. The room was regularly cleaned to a high standard. The hotel bar was great, happy hour from 8pm on all cocktails, which made them very reasonably priced. The lads behind the bar were friendly and attentive and we were well looked after by them. The hotel bar offers some good quality local live entertainment on some nights too. The pool area is quite small and therefore there aren't many sunbeds but the hotel is well placed locally and a stones throw from the beach. There is lots to see and do nearby and whilst the walk to the Old Town following the waterline is lovely, it is the long way round and you can cut through which will save some time but also exposes you to some beautiful buildings on quaint tree lined streets, cafes, supermarkets and shops - the surrounding area almost has a village feel to it. Head to the tourist information centre just down from the bus terminal and pick up some of the free maps to help you with this. For me, the highlight was the food and the staff in the restaurant and kitchen, who run a slick operation. Savvas and Yiota make a remarkable and very professional team, nothing is too much trouble and we had some real fun with them too. We were half board and I thought the food was fantastic and high quality, buffet style every night with so much variety and flavour - the highlight for me being Greek Night on a Saturday. The restaurant, kitchen, bar and housekeeping staff take great pride in their work and were a pleasure to meet and chat to. So, Savvas, Yiota and the team, thank you for your hospitality last week. We are missing you already. (CP)

Date of stay: October 2021
Angeliki Intza, Μάρκετινγκ at Semiramis City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2021

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Semiramis city hotel!

We are glad to know that you had a memorable stay here with us!

We are also happy to receive a good feedback about our culinary art! Our chef and his team are always giving their best to deliver gastronomic delights.

In addition, thank you for recognising our health and safety efforts about covid19. Our guests' health is our priority. Thus, we are proud to announce our collaboration with Cristal International Standards.

Indeed, our staff members are true stars; Yiota and Savvas send their greetings to you!

Our guests feedback is essential. Thus, we always try to improve our services. We have made notes about the swimming pool area and I will personally share it to our next general meeting.

Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back soon!