“Fresh Seafood!”

Le Palme Ristorante Pizzeria
Ranked #4 of 12 Restaurants in Atrani
Price range: US$26 - US$59
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The restaurant, an old archway-covered boat yard, recently completely refurbished, is situated in a quiet corner of ATRANI, like a pearl in its shell, at 20 metres from the beach and at five minutes walk away from the centre of Amalfi. Ristorante Le Palme - sala Atrani. The restaurant, recently praised in various newspapers and weekly magazines, offers to its clients traditional and revisited creations of Chef Armando. Seafood and fresh fish, spaghetti with mixed seafood, fresh pasta for lovers of genuine Italian food and delicious desserts are just some of the dishes that the restaurant The Palm offers its customers. To qualify all specialties we propose an attentive collection of local wines from our cellar. We’re best known for our delicious seafood, excellent wine and homemade pasta that will remain always in your mind.
Reviewed 29 April 2016

This restaurant was located at the bottom of the steps from our hotel and the outdoor seating looked inviting. The menu had numerous fish based items which all sounded terrific. Our server helped with our selections and suggested the King Prawns for my husband and the Mixed Fish in Orange Sauce for me. The plate served to my husband looked amazing but the platter served to me was beyond anything I had imagined! It consisted of 2 king prawn, 3 filets, 1 lg. shrimp, 1 squid, all topped with many mussels and orange sauce. I am under 125 lbs. and raised not to waste food, so 2 1/2 hrs. later, I finished all but part of the squid. It was fabulous food at a great price...buyer beware of the amount!

Reviewed 13 April 2016 via mobile

We were staying up the hill making Atrani the most convenient place for dining. While there are several restaurants around the square most were heavy on the seafood of which I am allergic. Le Palme had more variety so we gave it a try. It sits on the edge of the square facing the ocean, however there is a parking lot up against the seating area blocking any view.

Our first visit was late and we were hungry so we ordered a "family" size pizza. It was huge but oh so delicious. Salvatore, one of the owners, waited on us. He was patient as he explained our options given that this was our first dining experience in Italy at the beginning of our trip. He even ensured that we found a cab back to our B&B.

Our second experience was a bit more complex as I ordered ravioli (again delicious) and my wife ordered the local fish favorite Pezzogna (wild sea bass). She found the taste to be wonderful. This was diminished a bit however as it was a bit mushy and undercooked. She sent it back which made for a big improvement. However the fish contained many bones which was a surprise as they said it was filleted and wouldn't contain any. Salvatore was very gracious but after he noticed that the meal wasn't going as well he sort of didn't want to ask.

Overall however I would still recommend this restaurant. I think we just had a bad experience with one meal and don't believe that it is typical. We would certainly return.

Reviewed 13 April 2016

After exploring the whole Amalfi coast then on the way back to Sorrento, we saw a tiny village, Atrani. We decided to stop there for our dinner.
There were several restaurants but 'Le Palme' was calling us.

Waiters welcomed us warmly & brought us glasses of Bitter Orange as a compliment. We enjoyed Pizza capriccios, Seafood fries & grilled fish.
Everything was delicious!

And while we were there, a lovely family had a birthday party & kindly shared their Secco with us. In return, we sang a song & gave messages to the birthday person. So sweet & memorable night....

Hope you have a great time there.
Buon appetito!

1  Thank travelpesche
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 April 2016 via mobile

We stayed at Casa Adrjana nearby and the owner recommended we visit Le Palme for dinner one evening. It was fantastic. Beautiful, fresh fish and seafood choices. Gluten free choices for my mother and a limoncello ending that was superb. Salvatore was adorable and provided us with excellent service!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 March 2016

Tasty and delicate cuisine for an authentic experience of Amalfi Coast tradition.Warm and professional staff. You can't miss this.