Lowest prices for your stay
Travelocity
Expedia.comUS$389
Hotels.comUS$389
PricelineUS$409
2,164 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 October 2019

I have been to the Borgo Brufa Spa a number of times, as a visitor for half a day or a full day. The facilities (three different types of sauna, Turkish bath, an indoor and an outdoor pool (both with fabulous jets for hydro-massages), aromatic showers, a snow and an ice machine, the "kit" (of which you can keep the bag and the slippers) combined with the efficient, warm, professional manner of all the staff makes a visit a real treat. I am lucky to live nearby, but if I didn't I would be delighted to experience the restaurant and bar and accommodation - gorgeous. And very well located, too, in the heart of Umbria.

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank SophievR
A P, Direttore at Borgobrufa SPA Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2019

Dear SOphievR
we would like to thank you for your precious feedback which is very much appreciated.
We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed our SPA. We all hope to see you back soon for another relaxing experience with us. Best Regards

AP General Manager

Reviewed 8 September 2019

My wife and I were fortunate to be vacationing in Umbria when this 5 STAR resort SPA reopened after a HUGE renovation.
We could not be more impressed. When you arrive a feeling of "well being" overwhelms you; perhaps it is the spotless attention to detail or the warm greeting from the staff...but the genuine happiness sets-in.
The rooms have swimming pools!
The rooms have Jacuzzi!
The spacious spa area has a SNOW room, a salt water room, several meditation rooms, several HOT rooms...and all kinds of Therapeutic Massage.
The breakfast pastries etc are all made there FRESH.
Now we need to return ASAP.
A big shout-out to the director, Anna Maria Palomba for the tour and to the owners for saying hello to us.

Room tip: Just ask...they have it!
Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank marcopolo767400
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I felt this place was a bit too expensive for what you got. Beautiful views and friendly restaurant staff but constantly felt like you were paying for things that should be included, like water. The restaurant food was good.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank R920OVmelanie
Reviewed 7 November 2016

It's a nice complex on a hill overlooking fantastic Umbrian plains. The concept of this resort is such that there are several buildings with rooms scattered around with very good and well maintained garden. Restaurant is very good serving great local cuisine. Unfortunately I missed the pool and spa which is one of the best in that area.
Rooms are OK- spacious and clean. Furniture was not of my taste but it is far from bad or poorly maintained.
The cons is that the place is a bit isolated and there are no shops/other restaurants in the area. Unless you drive a car it will be challenging to travel around and you will be stuck in the resort.
I do recommend this resort

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Harizanm
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

We arrived today at the Spa and Resort, deceptive title-more later, already looking to get a refund and check out early tomorrow. +'s, nice location, clean, fair sized rooms, we had an upgraded suite, haven't sampled the food yet but hear it's OK. Even if it's great, can't offset the negatives. We checked in and were given an envelope with our key that contained some pieces of paper. These were chits/tickets to check out our robe and towel. Had to report to the spa to retrieve our pool supplies. You are told to keep your towel, clean, dirty, whatever, can't just leave at the pool, and turn it into the spa when you want a fresh one. Not sure what happens if you forget it but just let me say I didn't see one person leave their towel when they left. Must be difficult to fight the red tape if you need a replacement. I know I'm going on about the towels, but in the States, even the local Marriott will give you all of the towels you can carry. This is a SPA!!
Ordered a Whiskey and Coke from the pool bar, bartender had to leave the area to go find the Whiskey. We snagged the last Diet Coke. Bartender had enough ice to give us a small glass full, when I went up and asked for more he had to scrape the bottom of the tub to get a few small pieces. Said that's all he had.
It's not the most expensive place we've stayed at this vacation but definitely not the most inexpensive. For the $'s spent this should be a premier experience.
Staff appears to be trying but I think they are venturing to be something they are not, a 5 star resort without the support or processes/procedures to support that ranking.
I don't just write a less than shining critique and vanish. I have a meeting with the guest relations person tomorrow to politely and kindly discuss ways I think they can make this resort a more premier establishment. I think they can do it with the right training and support. Just don't think they are there yet.

Date of stay: July 2016