We were so privileged to hear about Rancho Pacifico as we were planning our June 2012 honeymoon. It was the intimate setting we were looking for that offered R&R, a bit of adventure, and pampering. Rancho Pacifico completely exceeded our expectation and I truly feel we had THE BEST honeymoon because of the entire staff at Rancho Pacifico.
We were at Rancho Pacifico for 7 nights and it was absolute perfection. We arrived late; I believe around 8-9PM, and were greeted by the manager, Alex, who welcomed us to the dining area to enjoy dinner. We had delicious, fresh pasta while enjoying the breathtaking view and outstanding service. Then Alex then told us our bags were in our one-bedroom suite and said no need to check in, they’ll take care of it tomorrow. He also informed us were were going to be upgraded in the morning to the two bedroom/two bath villa, which was spectacular. We felt so grateful, and still do, for that gesture. After dinner, despite it being dark, we knew we were in paradise.
The next morning we walked out to breakfast and were greeted by the lovely concierge, Adriana. She assisted us everyday with what we might want to do (zip lining, horseback riding, exploring, hike to the waterfall, driving to the beach, etc. which were all a blast!). She made the reservations and even drew maps and provided us with directions.
We spent our first two days at the pool and enjoyed the spa treatments. I cannot stress how friendly and welcoming the staff was. Several guests were gone during the day and we felt we had the whole place to ourselves. The service was top notch, the food was outstanding and I've ever eaten so well in my life. Alex helped us arrange deep sea fishing. It was a long day but looking back a pretty amazing experience. We only got one bite (but it was a big one) and I was able to sit at the front of the boat and watch the dolphins swim next to us which was pretty amazing. We also had a catered dinner in our villa which was pretty special. Our last night at Rancho Pacifico we moved to a one bedroom suite and I have to say, all three rooms/villas we stayed at were phenomenal. Of course, nothing beats the villa, but all the rooms were certainly beautiful with breathtaking views and unique in their own special way.
I want to extend a heartfelt THANK YOU to to entire staff, from the gentleman that guided us at night with a flashlight, to the bartenders and that kept those delicious made from scratch cocktails come, to the chefs and servers, to Alex and Adriana, who took such great care of us. THANK YOU and we can't wait to come back! We were so blown away and grateful that we had the opportunity to show our gratitude by tipping every single person. We tipped our bill 100% (essentially doubling our bill) and it was 100% worth it!
One tip - get directions to the airport. We had car service from the airport to Rancho Pacifico but rented a car on day 3 and drove that to the airport. I don't know what we were thinking by not asking for directions to the airport as we were lost once we got to San Jose. We ending up missing our flight and saying another night in Costa Rica... in a AmericInn, so not Rancho Pacifico.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rancho Pacifico - Costa Rica Luxury Resort. Come for the adventure. Come for the romance. Situated in a pristine tropical rainforest nearly 2,000 feet above sea level, with majestic views of the Pacific Ocean, Rancho Pacifico is Costa Rica’s finest adults-only luxury boutique resort. When time is your most valuable commodity, days spent in our luxury rainforest hotel are days very well invested. Let us pamper you in our award-winning spa. Enjoy our world-cuisine inspired dining. Allow our amazingly friendly and attentive staff to meet your every need. Hike to our waterfall amid the bounty of nature that surrounds us. Come for a vacation experience you will remember for a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Rancho Pacifico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Pacifico Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Hotel Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Costa Rica/Uvita