Open today: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
NEED to do it again when back in Sedan

The three of us seniors spent the MOST awesome day yesterday with Mr Tucker travelling all over the... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
sawmillss
Great tour

Reviewed 16 July 2021
M922HTyvonneh

All reviews his knowledge maginot line day tour great tour history buff his passion first world war off the beaten path teenage boys final battle unforgettable trip knew how great personality entire tour brilliant guide french history machine gun
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 July 2021

We had an amazing time during the tour, it was really interesting and we've learned a lot about the maginot line. Thanks Richard for this amazing experience!

Date of experience: July 2021
Richard T, Propriétaire at Maginot Line Tours - Tucker Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2021

Hello Yvonne,
thank you for your fantastic comment. It really was a pleasure to spend the day with you and your student friends. I thought you were all great fun and full of enthusiasm. I was really impressed by your level of English, and that's coming from an English teacher at university. I wish you all the best with your history projects, and of course in the future.
Cheers,
Richard

Reviewed 26 August 2020

Had an amazing visit to the Ouvrage last week with Richard Tucker. It's a great experience to be with a guide who truly loves and cares about what they are explaining like he does apart from being super knowledgable about the site and it's history. His great personality helps him make it fun for kids and adults alike.

Date of experience: August 2020
Richard T, Propriétaire at Maginot Line Tours - Tucker Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2020

Thank you for your great commentary, it's really appreciated. It was a pleasure doing the tour with your family and I'm really glad your son enjoyed the visit. All the best. Cheers, Richard

Reviewed 26 August 2020

At my own request, Richard took me on a special tour along the battlefields of May 1940, from Sedan to Stonne. His knowledge is astounding, both of historic events and the geography. He even managed to find the pillboxes of Point 247, no matter the nettles and barbed wire!
We also visited the impressive fortress of La Ferte. Richard is an excellent expert guide!

Date of experience: August 2020

Thanks for the appreciative commentary. It was great fun spending the day with you discussing things military, not just May 1940. Yes there often seem to be nettles and barbed wite near Maginot blockhouses - it toughens the skin! All the best. Cheers, Richard

Reviewed 22 July 2020

My friends and I thoroughly enjoyed the tour.

Upfront I knew very little about history, let alone the Maginot line, therefore I wasn’t sure if this was going to be to my liking.
Fortunately, it turned out to be an unforgettable trip.
What really separated Richard’s tour from other tours I have done so far, is the fact that it was so personal. Richard truly was interested in what we had to say/ask. This combined with a great sense of (British) humor led to some brilliant conversations.
He also clearly knew what he was talking about and the amount of details that his wide breadth of knowledge contained, truly revealed his passion towards the Maginot line.
We were given access to quite some unique places ( as shown in the pictures) which gave us a good understanding of what life must have been like back in the days.

It was well worth the money; I would definitely recommend it to anyone!

Date of experience: July 2020
Richard T, Propriétaire at Maginot Line Tours - Tucker Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2020

Big thank you for writing this appreciative comment and loading the photos. I'm really pleased you all enjoyed the day, it was great fun being wih you. I'm also relieved that my sense of humour hasn't caused any negative side effects(!). All the best. Cheers, Richard

Reviewed 18 July 2020

We, four boys from 19 tot 20 years old, attended the 1-day tour of Richard the 15th of july 2020. Richard gave us an absolutely amazing experience. We had limited knowledge about the Maginot Line and yet Richard knew how to fully engage us in the events that took place before and after the Magninot line was built. During the tour we drove through the line and saw lots of stuff (block houses, weaponry etc.) which could be linked to the Maginot Line. The fort (La Ferté) we visited at the end of the tour was the absolute highlight. Getting into this fort is special on it self, but in combination with Richard his knowledge it is absolutely amazing.

We also loved the fun conversations we had during the day and really appreciated the very personal way of communication with Richard. Go book this tour and have a blast with Richard's knowledge about the Maginot Line and his British humor. The tour is corona proof, no need to worry!

Date of experience: July 2020
Richard T, Propriétaire at Maginot Line Tours - Tucker Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2020

Thank you for this great comment. It was a pleasure spending the day with your group. Yet again I was impressed how well Dutch people speak English. Thanks also for loading the photos too. All the best. Cheers, Richard