“Great Food in a Welcoming Atmosphere!”

Mouragio Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 38 Restaurants in Agia Pelagia
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 October 2017

I spent a week in beautiful Agia Pelagia in early October. One of my favorite memories of my trip was my time spent at Mouragio. Not only was the food excellent but Stella and family made me feel at home. My first visit turned into 4 more! The fish soup was amazing and had at least a pound of seafood in it. It was a meal in itself. And when I complained one day of a sore throat and congestion, mama Stella brought me a bowl of her just made chicken soup. Delicious! I have dreamed once since returning home about the grilled fish. The pepper gravy was the perfect accompaniment to the pork schnitzel. The view along the beach added to the atmosphere. But what made me come back was the hospitality of Stella and family. Mouragio is a must if you visit the area. I cannot wait to return!

1  Thank jackshipone

Reviewed 1 October 2017

Had lunch at this beautiful Restaurant located on the beach in Aghia Pelagia. It was hard to make a choice from so many little restuarants but we are so glad that we chose this one. Mother and son team who went out of their way to make sure that we had the best gastronomical experience. The feta, fried shrimp and lamb chops were just made to perfection. We were inducted into our Raki drinking experience at the Restaurant with a full discourse on this history of its making. Highly recommend Mouragio for a fabulous experience.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

After four years I was happy to go back to the taverna "Mouragio".
What a happy reunion it was ; and the foodsmell and the music were so familiar as well!
Every night of the two weeks I was welcomed as if it was my first; "efcharisto polí" to Stella, Vasillis and Nikos.
The sweetest hosts and most fantastic cook I ever met.
You can have a good laugh as well in the intimicy of their "diningroom",meeting many returning guests was a very good thing.
Now I realise I'm not writing about the food but I already did 4 years ago and all I can say about that is: "Mouragio is still the best" !

1  Thank Ina M
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Lovely family bussiness on right on the beach with fresh food! Stella and Nikos are amazing hosts that make you feel welcome at all times. My friend and I went almost every day for lunch as the food was delicious! And the home made cakes, sweet and refreshing! Strongly recommend Mouragio Restaurant for lunch/dinner!

1  Thank Valentina M
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately, nothing outstanding. Stella is very nice and pretty but the cousine is not so high. We ordered octopus on the grill, steak and chicken gyros. The octopus was rubber and burned on the grill. The chicken in the gyros is over-salted. The steak was on top. To the honor of the owners, it should be noted that the octopus was not included in the bill. Although at first they claimed that octopus was right. And they brought a large portion of fruit and cakes as a compliment.