“lovely stay”

and 1 more site!
Merovigla Apartments
Ranked #19 of 28 Imerovigli B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 September 2017

merovigla apartments are well situated for caldera views and lovely walks ,without the heavy price tag !
very clean ,nice pool friendly ,helpful staff ,accommodation is traditional Greek style ,shower tray with curtain , strange room layout , limited storage for clothes .suitable for short stays .Only downside our room had steep steps from bathroom /kitchen area which could be hazardous for some .
not suited to poor sighted or walking difficulties ,some apartments are up steep steps no hand rail . over all lovely stay

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 June 2017

So I made a huge mistake a booked my stay for June (when it was meant to be July).

The owners and Alexandra! were absolutely lovely to deal with. I couldn't get the 4 nights I wanted in July, which is totally my fault because I booked the wrong dates, but they were very happy to accomodate me for 2 of the 4 nights I wanted and were really lovely to deal with regarding trying to get a partial refund sorted. In a dream world I would have got back 100% but really I made the screw up so I can't expect any more.

Really looking to staying in a month and will review when I arrive.

Thank you Alexandra!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Stayed here in May and it was great, Alexandra organised a taxi to pick us up at the airport , the apartment overlooked the sea with great views, and were cleaned every day. Lovely little village, with great restaurants. Alexandra also organised a taxi for early morning when we got a ferry to Ios ( wished we had stayed overnight, was a lovely island) Half an hour walk down to Fira (or get the bus) with lovely views on the way down. Buses in Fira to different parts of the Island depart regularly.
Would definitely stay at the apartments again, if we ever go back to Santorini!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Stayed here with my aunt for a week as we were attending my sons wedding in Santorini. The apts are at one of the highest points on the island so are not suitable for anyone with mobility issues. The accommodation would be classed as budget but that doesn't detract at all from the charm. There are certainly smarter places to stay but it is a very expensive island. However, on the upside the views are simply breathtaking. We had a balcony on the east side, views from the living area to the south and stunning views of the sunset from our bedroom window. The apts are basic but clean and equipped with everything one would need. The pool area is lovely and for the most part we had it to ourselves every day. There is a shop only a minutes walk away and tobacconists, pharmacies etc within a two minute walk. Staff at the apts were incredibly friendly and very helpful. They arranged our transfers €20 from the airport) and also a taxi to the wedding. We walked down to Fira most evenings which takes about 20 minutes (roughly!) and although we walked back up again the hill is a bit of a slog!! The roads in Santorini are very narrow, quite rough and according to our taxi driver have been the same for the last 40 yrs. We were told that there is no crime on the island and as two 50 something women travelling alone we had no worries at all. Santorini is very expensive, expect to pay double the price of things at home. But we shopped around and if you eat even one street back from the main drag you can have a nice meal and a beer for about €15 per head. Food quality is excellent and we didn't have one bad meal but probably what struck us most that you can stop outside a restaurant, peruse the menu and if you don't like the prices you just walk on by. We weren't hassled once which was refreshing. We knew absolutely nothing about Santorini prior to our trip and it was fabulous. Don't let the prices put you off as it is possible to holiday on a budget if you shop around. I would definitely visit again.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kaye P
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

I recoment it to everybody!! Felt in love with the balcony view !! Perfect balance between price and accomodation !!! Cozy clean, comfortable apartments!! Excellent location, everything is near by....bus station, grocery stores, travel agencies, pharmacy,etc..i enjoying my staying here soooo much !!!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends