Nine Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsmini suitelovely towngreat restaurantpizzeriacentroaccommodationduomobusinessmilan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 November 2012 via mobile

A well located, hotel that offers a great package at a fair price, nicely connected to the adjacent restaurant. Can be a little noisy, but am happy to put up with that for the other benefits. Station to Milan in easy reach. Don't expect too much and this is a great place to stay whether on business (like me) or a private stay.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights in November 2012.
The stuff that annoyed me are quite a lot. First of all the hot water on the shower is intermittent, meaning you get in the shower and the hot water will stop flowing. Then you either user cold water or wait 5 minutes to come back again (if that happens).
Then the internet is not working properly. The wi-fi signal is good but they use a special router that it's configured to limit each user to an impossible low speed so you can't actually do anything useful. Pages will not load, skype cannot be used for calls and no videos whatsoever. I told this to the hotel employees but they did not understood and told me that it should work. It doesn't.
I won't say anything about the entrance or reception (not like any hotel I've ever been to), but I will say about the elevator that smells like garbage.
The breakfast is very weak, very little variety and the schedule for breakfast was to late for me in the mornings.
To finish the review I will say that the walls are thin (I could hear people from another room talking using a normal voice) and there is non-stop noise from the water flowing on the heating installation (it's disturbing when you go to sleep).
Not sure how the others rated 4-5 stars. Possibly they liked to take cold showers.
Won't come here again that's for sure.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BSoima
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Very Good, quirky Hotel sited above a very large external restaurant and in the heart of old Monza. No reception as such other than a small desk just inside the entrance to the Restaurant, which did worry me at first with my late returns to the Hotel, however there were always staff around, even at 02.00 am in the morning!!
You access the rooms via a lift or stairs at the back of the restaurant which is a little weird, particularly during popular dining hours and the place is packed and you have to find your way around all the occupied tables, however as I said this place is very quirky!!
The rooms are excellent, with an outer 'lounge' area, nice bedroom with a good shower and decent sized bedroom with a very comfortable bed and masses of storage space. The rooms are decorated and furnished in a wacky Italian style (mine had an old juke box in it!) with plenty of ambient and feature lighting options. I believe there are only 16 rooms available and I am not sure how they differ in size etc. I was very happy with mine though!!
The Hotel is perfectly placed for the old Monza town and sits next to the River that runs through it. Everything is within easy walking distance.
I also tried the restaurant in the Hotel, which as I say is external, but under canopy covers and warmed more than adequately by many heaters. The place is huge. extremely busy (I was there on 2 quiet midweek nights) and I must say excellent food happily served by attentive and friendly staff. All in all, a very popular Restaurant, very efficiently run and I highly recommend it, along with the Hotel!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChrisgeezLondon
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I had already been at Pizzeria del Centro for a very good pizza and "fritto misto" and I hadn't realized that the entrance to the pizzeria is the same to the hotel.
My room (number 6) was actually a small apartment with a very colorful livingroom, a bedroom and a nice bathroom.
The entrance to the room is through a glass door from a long balcony, the typical Italian "casa a ringhiera" of the beginning of 20th century.
The outside of the building as well as the inside are well kept and clean.
Breakfast includes fresh croissants (still warm!), pastries, bread, cheese, yoghurt, cakes, cereals and very good Italan coffee and cappuccino.
The hotel is right in the pedestrian area of Monza city center, therefore close to restaurants, bars, shops or just a nice walk around.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first or second floor. As far as I could understand rooms on the third floor are smaller.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Stay in this hotel as part of a wedding last year in July. I found this hotel great I really like it. I had a lovely breakfast as Monza is such a small place it was near to the shops. I had a great night sleep in this hotel would go back again

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family