Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$104
Hotels.comUS$104
PricelineUS$104
eDreamsUS$104
TravelocityUS$104
Orbitz.comUS$104
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 February 2020

This is my 35th year of coming out to these apartments and still love coming. I was gutted last year when they were closed whilst the reception was being refurbished.The rooms are clean and spacious. Maid service 5 days a week and linen changed 3 times a week. Reception staff friendly and helpful. The terraces to the rooms are huge and the views are stunning. Idea for someone like myself who comes out purely for the sun and a rest. The reception area has been renovated and is very modern. Rooms have a kitchen area with toaster, microwave, fridgefreezer and cooker.terrace has sun beds,table and chairs and umbrella plus a small area to dry your washing. Lounge area has a TV. The safe in the room is included in the price as is the free WiFi. There is also a bottle of water in the fridge when you arrrive. The hotel is on the flat near to the beach with a local supermarket and Spar alway within 5 minutes walk. I can not recommend these apartments enough for any sun worshipers as they get the sun all day long.

Date of stay: February 2020
4  Thank HJC20Y
Reviewed 17 January 2020 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights in Jan. on arrival the reception looked fantastic and we thought we had struck gold!! We hadn’t!!
Our room was one of 4 rooms whose front door opens out to the street so technically isn’t even part of the hotel complex. We complained to reception and asked to be moved straight away. We were told the hotel was full, which we know it wasn’t as we barely saw a soul and the pool bar staff categorically confirmed it definitely wasn’t full. So we felt very unsafe for our entire stay and never got moved. These rooms have massive security issues and the hotel have even put a cctv camera above the door!! Not very reassuring when you have come away to relax.
Of the 4 nights we did stay, our room was cleaned just once. We asked for fresh towels and this was like getting blood from a stone from the useless reception staff. They have no concern over the comfort or satisfaction of your stay.
As for the room, it’s got everything you need I guess. It’s quite clean, not super clean but very, very tired. The towels they give you are tiny and cheap, you will need 2!! The bathroom window isn’t actually a window, it’s a hole in the wall which is permanently open with no glazing so people can easily just have a good nosey in from the street and an easy entry point for the cockroaches!!
The pool is on the roof, great views as that’s 10 floors up and requires a climb of a million steps or there are 2 separate elevators to take you up. Christian the bar man is a top man, great service and a shame he isn’t running reception!! The pool is FREEZING btw!!
Only hotel I’ve been to which doesn’t have pool towels.
The location of the hotel is fantastic.
So to summarise this place could be great if they got new staff, got rid of the rooms which aren’t part of hotel complex, updated the tired rooms and basically just started giving a bit more of a damn.
100% would never return to this hotel.
Many people we met were rating the hotel next door, Hotel El Greco.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2019 via mobile

My partner and I have just returned from a lovely week having stayed in these beautiful apartments from end September to 4th Oct.
I did my homework on where to stay as me, with a heart condition and my partner with bad knees didn't want to stay high up. Rio Piedras in my opinion has the best location in the area, it's on the flat, 1 min from the beach oposite past the Spar supermarket and to the left next door is a Hipo-Dino.
We'd pre booked a taxi in the UK from the airport as we do not like coach transfers, which took 35 mins.
When we arrived in the evening we were greeted by a very delightful, helpful, friendly gent, who gave us our room cards, 704 and a key for the safe (WHAT no deposit, that's unique). Must say the reception area is huge and the first thing that struck me was how clean it all was.
Our room was big and loved our enormous terrace, which didnt dissapoint with table, chairs and x2 sunbeds. The view was across the beach and harbour, perfect. We were supplied a fan and there was aircon in the bedroom. They even supplied washing up liquid and a bottle of water was ready waiting in the fridge. All the other necessary amenities were in the kitchen, hob, oven, toaster, microwave, coffee machine, kettle, oh and a tea towel.
We met friends that night who were already there. We could see their apartments across from our terrace high up. They said they had 100's of steps to walk down but had to get taxis back up, as too steep. There's not even a supermarket up there! So glad I chose Rio Piedras, which is on the flat.
The beds are very comfortable, lovely sofa and small tv, which we didnt watch (We're on holiday). Maids came every other day and sheets changed mid week.
The pool area, which is on the roof, 10th floor can be reached via a lift or steps. The pool was lovely, clean and the whole pool area was big and spotlessly clean too with plenty of sunbeds and parasole given out by the lovely pool attendant. The pool bar/ restaurant is run by a couple from Thailand who have working for them the delightful Christian who has a wicked sense of humour, friendly, helpful and took time to chat. A credit to the place. The food is lovely, cheap and there's happy hour 4-6. Aparently we were there in low season so the pool bar closes at 6pm. From mid October to April (I think) is their "high season" when the pool bar closes when the last person leaves! They advertise for this time tapas nights, BBQ evening and something different every night, shame would have liked the BBQ and tapas night. Never mind.
For the Commercial Centre where all the shops, restaurants etc are, come out hotel to the road, turn left and take 3rd exit when get to the roundabout and it's up on the left. Go to Trixies if you've got a sense of humour, if not don't lol. Sandy Shaw is hillarious BUT be warned. He/She is on you!
We took the Ferry to Mogan, which is very pretty. We also did the dolphin boat trip, that's a wow. Saw loads of dolphins, a whale, flying fish and turtles. Worth the money seeing these wonderful creatures as they should be, FREE.
Thank you Rio Piedras for a wonderful holiday. I'm so glad I booked with you as it was perfect for our needs and it didn't dissapoint.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JanBarr56
Reviewed 1 October 2019 via mobile

Just returned from a 10 day holiday with my husband. Have to say i will def stay here again. All staff are very friendly. Reception, cleaners bar staff and lifeguard all helpful and do a fab job. Rooms were comfortable and well equipped our balconies was huge (we had 2). View was amazing and pretty much right on the beach. Will def return. Thanks for a lovely holiday

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank lynnyr
Reviewed 19 August 2019 via mobile

Stayed for 7 nights from 11th August to 18th August. Stayed in room 905 which had a great view of the beach and harbour. Room was what i could say was 'rustic' style with curved roof. Decent sized throughout with huge terrace. Didnt use the air con as a strange smell came from this but the floor fan was more than enough. Beds were very comfy and safe in room was good size. Wifi in room was good also.
Pool was lovely and pool side bar/restaurant was great also with good service from Mansor who worked hard and was great with my child.
Whole of hotel was kept to a high standard. Reception staff were great and helpful, really helpful!
Reception area is coming to an end of being refurbished which looks great already.
We stayed during a Spanish holiday period from the thursday 15th and had a fair few local gran canarians staying im complex. I do have one negative about this as they would be inviting their family and friends who were not staying at Rio piedras and taking up all pool loungers / sunbeds and playing loud music till late. They would enter using rear access to were the pool toilets were as they were kept open. Music part was not an issue. Found one of the "canarians" to be smoking a joint / marijuana at the pool side, which i felt was uncalled for and decided to go back to room with my 6 year old as this was not fair (not the hotels fault). Prior to the spanish holiday time, the complex was quiet and no issues.
We will be returning next year but at time out of spanish holidays.
Would recommend Rio Piedras for location, families, pool (which can be accessed by a second lift) and views.

Date of stay: August 2019