“More pork belly heaven”

Pub & Restaurant at The George and Dragon Hotel
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Country Inn offering Restaurant and Bar ,serving fresh locally sourced food cooked by our Executive Chef Fabrice, supported by the Plate Team
Reviewed 28 January 2017

Since my last review I have stayed several times on business at this amazing hotel and restaurant or old coaching inn as it really is. I feel so very at home here with staff who actually remember me from visit to visit and make me feel special. The rooms are all different but are extremely spacious with comfortable beds and all you would expect in the twentyfirst century but with all the history and atmosphere of an interesting buidling. The food as ever is excellent. I had pork belly again - done slightly differently but a generous portion that melted in the mouth with chestnuts and blissfully buttery potatoes. I've had other great meals since then including one of the imaginative vegetarian options. And did I mention breakfast? It is beautifully cooked and served with classy sausages and tender bacon. My work takes me back to this area over the next twelve months and one worry less, I have the George and Dragon to stay at. If I run away from home, that is where you will find me.

Reviewed 26 January 2017

Lovely pub and restaurant. Nice food - if a bit on the expensive side - and very accommodating with the kids. Recommended.

1  Thank VLS234
Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for 1 night on New Year's Eve and grabbed some lunch on arrival. The atmosphere in the busy pub was very friendly with kids & dogs obviously welcome. We had a very delicious burger and then a delicious and plentiful breakfast the next morning. All in all a great visit.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Unusual place, old and querky buildings, polite and helpful staff, service good and menu was good. We were right at the back of the dining room so staff coming and going to the kitchen was a somewhat disturbing. Looks like they have outside seating in the summer which would be nice. Toilets are the on the other side of a driveway - clean but chilly. Will go back but might wait for the summer.

Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

Visit to the historic coaching inn on family recommendation. Had a. Really good meal with pleasant service. All had different menu choices and I enjoyed the Catalan fish stew being better than expected this far from the sea! Prices are on the higher side, but I guess typical for the area. Main downside was due to a bit cold in the bar area despite a roaring fire at one end of the bar.