“You must try the poutine.”

Landed - Shell & Fish Takeaway
Ranked #19 of 30 Restaurants in Porthleven
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Description: Shell & Fish takeaway located on Fore Street in Porthleven. Using local produce from our fisherman and farmers, preparing everything freshly in house.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Inventive, affordable, delicious. I don't fully understand how the combination of curry sauce, crab, cheese and chips works...but it does. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: July 2021
Write a reviewReviews (56)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were recommended to visit Landed by a friend in Newquay and it did not disappoint! The monkfish bao was amazing! and much bigger than I thought it would be. The lobster crab rolls were full on flavour and the squid ink scallops were cooked to perfection. Innovative Asian twist on the British classics, absolutley loved it. Really hope to see the guys in Brighton soon, thank you !

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Absolutely divine! Without a doubt the best take-away "fish & chips" we have eaten (as far as I can remember) ! We shared a regular fisherman basket and a regular fish and chips on top and couldn't believe how much we got for the price! The fisherman basket contained 3 battered fishes (coley, monkfish, sole), maquerel scotch egg, fish cakes in squid ink, scallops in squid ink... all that with various mayo (the crab mayo and curry mayo were our favourites!). Honestly I will never forget that dinner (eaten in a car facing the rough sea). In the UK, 95% of the time you get a battered fish which looks huge but in reality the sides (50% of it!) are just soggy batter with nothing inside, who knows what I'm talking about? Here you can be sure that what you see is what you get! Crispy batter without gaps inside and super tasty melting fish. To top it up: divine scotch egg and fish cakes, scallop I had to close my eye to focus on it... you get the idea. Oh and the fries are good too! The mayos, tartare? Nailed it. And knowing that everyday the menu changes, how on earth is it possible? Everything is freshly sourced from local fishermen (which names are written down on a board, very nice touch). They seem to be doing super innovative dishes! Check out their instagram and ignore the bad reviews. Guys don't change anything and move to Bristol!! Thanks

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Not quite your regular fish & chippy, but oh my, how utterly wonderful. Husband had the monkfish in buttermilk batter - simply divine, and the better choice out of the two of us. I had the basket - a mix of 3 or 4 different fish, one of which was in 'black' batter from squid ink, which actually tasted great. A real find, and would certainly recommend.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We dropped in to get fish and chips and left with what I think could have been the whole menu everything was cooked perfectly and priced just right will be back

Date of visit: June 2021