“Gone but never forgotten”
Review of Horse and jockey

Horse and jockey
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Porthleven
Reviewed 16 July 2018

Distraught to have discovered that the Horse and Jockey with its incomparable Leopard Loaves and Tiger Baps has closed. They have formed the basis of our holidays lunches for more years than I can remember. I wish the owners a long and happy retirement and thank you for many years of friendly service and delicious bread.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

Tasty traditional pasties. I love their flapjack . Friendly staff. Just changed to Phipps pasties but I like those too.

Reviewed 25 April 2018

Paste, best I've ever had so good i took two home with me on our last days of our holidays to have for dinner. They are a meal in them selves, you think you have tasted the best, then try here if you have a chance great choice also.

Reviewed 25 April 2018

Heard they made the best pasties in Cornwall.We were not disappointed.The size of them were unbelievable.we had a standard steak pastie which they cut in half and we were both full afterwards.service was very fast and friendly and staff were very helpful

Reviewed 2 April 2018

These pasties are great value, generous size and have an amazing taste. The ladies who work there are friendly and prompt.

I understand though that with the forthcoming Philps takeover of Horse and Jockey that the H&J recipe will no longer be used, which is a great loss. I recommend that you get your fill of these pasties before they cease production.