“Lovely Sunday lunch, stunning view, good service”
Review of Amelies

Amelies
Ranked #15 of 29 Restaurants in Porthleven
Price range: US$10 - US$58
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The freshest ingredients sourced from the best local suppliers. A relaxed, waterside atmosphere where you can sit back and relax. Service that's memorable for all the right reasons. At Amelies, Porthleven and sister company Gourmet Picnics we share the same ethos which runs through everything we do. Come and experience it for yourself. Please note in the winter season we do close on a Monday day and Tuesday day, re-opening Wednesday.
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

We visited with friends for Sunday lunch. Have heard mixed reviews but gave it a go as they were visiting and keen.

Service was excellent, attentive but not OTT. Food was lovely, reasonably priced three course lunch. Views to die for. Lovely plate put on for the birthday boy which was unexpected and fab plus he was serenaded too!! Very happy customers

Date of visit: April 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,492)

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Made to feel welcome with our little dog, we thoroughly enjoyed our steamed mussel dish and had a wonderful dinner.
Must be good to survive with Mr Stein next door!!

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

We booked a table online after visiting the area the day before and seeing the menu. When we arrived we were shown to our table - a really lovely one in the conservatory bit overlooking the beautiful harbour. It took a while, but eventually we were offered to have our order taken and the children were given pencils to colour their pictures on the back of the menus and Lego - this kept them very entertained. The children had the pizza and the burger... my son said it’s the best pizza he’s ever had (and he orders pizza wherever we go!). My daughter wasn’t so keen on the burger, it was a bit on the dry side and a little overdone I think but she seemed happy enough with her bun and fries - and my husband finished off the meat. My husband and I had the boozy seafood pot and it was incredible!! So delicious - but very messy... don’t wear white if you’re planning on having it! I was also impressed by the drinks menu - lots of cocktails, lovely, local ales (I highly recommend the lushingtons or Porthleven), champagnes, wines and soft drinks. The kids had ice cream for dessert which looked really good, proper strawberry with pieces of fruit in and chocolate with chocolate chips. They were also given a crab fishing line for eating their dinner. A big hit!!! Grace - our waitress, was particularly charming and super friendly. My son said it was the best restaurant he’s ever been to. I’ve got to say, I think I may agree with him! When we return next year, we’ll definitely be booking Amelie’s again.

1  Thank JodieJ251
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Wanted to visit for lunch after walking from Heston.
We went into the resteraunt at 13.45
Really looking forward to a nice lunch after a walk the from Helston.
Informed we have stopped serving ,but will be open at 17.00.
The resteraunt was barely half full.
Just looked on line and supposed to close at 14.30
As we left two other people were looking at the menus informed them they were closing.
With a property in Cornwall will not be recommending this resteraunt to any of our guests not a good attitude.

Robin Dinham

3  Thank robindinham
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed a lovely early dinner with our 3 young children over the Easter long weekend. Staff were friendly and attentive. Food was fresh and beautifully cooked. Lego and colouring to keep the kids occupied while we got our seafood fix. I wish all seafood restaurants were like this!