Wookey Hole Hotel(Wookey Hole)
US$101
US$117
US$169
US$141
Premier Inn Wells (Somerset)(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$87
TripAdvisor
US$222
US$190
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstempura prawnsenjoyable mealwild boar burgerpuddingbreakfast basketclotted creamscotch eggbeer gardenpub grubmashfor sunday lunchcooked to perfectiona lovely staywellscidercerealales
Reviewed 18 December 2017

I visited this place for lunch during the summer (of 2017), everything was excellent, the location, the ambience, the food and the staff, all V good.
HOWEVER, I tried to book a room in the autumn and could get no response either by telephone or email, I tried repeatedly over several days and (by 'phone at different times) but no answer! I stayed elsewhere. Apparently the owner was absent and the staff had no access to emails!
I did eventually receive an apology from the owner and due to my earlier enjoyable experience I may try again.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 16 December 2017

Although I'm a local Wellsenian, I was left with the onerous task of booking a Christmas meal for my work colleagues, including a few stragglers from other departments that wanted to cruise along for the ride (2 of which booked but didn't turn up....anyway...).

It wasn't a straightforward booking; 2 had dietary requirements but a quick chat with the staff a few days beforehand allayed my fears; they would handle gluten free and egg/sesame/nut allergies. The Chef was an absolute legend and discussed it all with me up front.

To be honest I was a bit freaked about the actual event but the staff managed it all on the day; places were set, and I was politely informed that food was on the way...and all of the special instructions were honoured...including the clotted cream for Xmas pud for a couple of our more demanding staff. Basically, they sorted it. They didn't even break a sweat.

The food was extraordinarily good...all 3 courses...all were blindingly good. The pudding was ridiculously affecting...and they catered for crackers, wine...I could (and have) go on.

I was nervous about this event but - If you want to book a business function in Wells or have a business near to Wells then do it; have a quick chat with them before it all and it's sorted.

24 people - piping hot, good food and puddings to die for. And crackers.

:D

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank James N
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

We have just had a great lunch, we visited Wookey hole caves and popped in to the Wookey hole inn at 2.20pm presuming they would refuse us as it’s stated they finished lunch serving at 2.30pm...
4 adults, 2 kids and a toddler and we were greeted so welcomingly by the lady behind the bar, we were just saying we wish we had got her name to give her the full credit she deserves.. not sure if she was a manager or not but the service she gave was 100% and the food was amazing! A real find....
Homemade, great specials, good portions, great veggie options (1 vegetarian with us)
Really can not fault it, the outside decor does not do it justice!
Great local friendly pub.. can’t recommend enough!
Thank you for the lovely service, and tips on how to make the dip- we will give it a try when we get back home!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 84jules
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Is a lovely place with great food and friendly staff. We enjoyed delicious tempura prawns, boat and quail scotch eggs for entrees, delicious perfectly cooked steak for Main and kids meals where fantastic, fresh, not processed. Enjoyed the released kid friendly atmosphere we went back again. This time Mr had the lamb which was delicious and I had the Wookey burger which was ok. Kids loved the chocolate brownie for desert. Great place to sit back , relax and enjoy a drink with lovely food.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennibel
Reviewed 4 October 2017

It was a last minute plan to stay in Wookey overnight and found this lovely pub to eat. We had mushroom stuffed chicken breast in bacon on mash with fresh veg. I cannot remember when I had a meal out this good. The service was excellent too, just the right balance of attentive courteous and friendly. Pricing very reasonable. Loved it. We will be back soon.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple