“Amazing food!”
Review of BADA Tapas

BADA Tapas
Reserve with OpenTable
BADA Tapas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 79 Restaurants in Godalming
Price range: US$13 - US$53
Description: We are tapas bar located in Godalming serving sharing dishes of Korean/Asian fusion cuisine. ​ 'Bada' means 'Sea' in Korean, we aim to bring freshness of sea which plays big part in Asian cuisine as well as dishes for meat lovers and vegetarians. ​ Also enjoy wide ranges of drinks both classics and Asian inspired including wine, beer, cocktail and coffee.
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Delicious fusion food, great wine list, friendly and helpful service.
Particularly recommend the fish dishes.
Definitely recommended.

2  Thank Peter J
Jihyun K, General Manager at BADA Tapas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Dear Peter J, thank you for your comment. We are happy you have enjoyed your experience in our restaurant and hope to welcome you soon! BADA tapas

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited last night for a ‘date night’ so we’re hoping for a special experience, and we were not disappointed! The decor is very attractive - rustic/shabby chic with a modern twist. We ordered a Hibiscus Royale cocktail to start (hibiscus and prosecco with an edible hibiscus flower) which was lovely. My husband doesn’t normally like prosecco much but he loved this. We then shared 6 oysters which were the most delicious and freshest we have ever had. They were paired with a spicy Korean sauce and a shallot and vinegar topping, and wedges of lime and lemon. They were out of this world. We then had the Korean chicken wings - sweet, crispy and spicy; the stir fried spicy pork belly; beef bulgogi, spring onion, squid and king prawn pancake and a side of kimchi which was so tangy and flavoursome. Every dish was fresh and so tasty. I then had a Singapore Sling cocktail and my husband had a passion fruit mojito - again both delicious - sometimes in certain places you get cocktails that are a bit watery or unremarkable but these were fab. The service was also excellent - not too fast so you felt rushed and not too slow - just a good pace so you felt you could relax and take your time. The staff also took the time to chat and talk about some of the dishes. We had a really fantastic experience at Bada and can’t wait to go again.

2  Thank Georgina M

Dear Georgina, thank you for your comment, much appreciated! Hope you enjoyed second meal the other day with your husband at the bar ;) Again, thank you for such a positive comment and will see you both very soon! BADA tapas

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Absolutely brilliant, came here with someone exceptionally fussy, and we both enjoyed our meals very much. It was actually difficult to decide what my favourite part of the meal was, as the even something "mundane" like rice was prepared to the same standard as the scallops.

At first I was unfamiliar and apprehensive about the menu and we deliberated about what to choose, but now I realise, that probably I would have enjoyed anything from the menu!

Overall, one of the best experiences I have had.

Only one suggestion is perhaps to add some salt and pepper squid to the menu!

2  Thank Patrick R

Dear Patrick R, thank you for your comment! We are very happy that you have enjoyed your experience at our restaurant. We actually had salt and pepper squid as special for couple of weeks, but we will put them back sometime soon! Hope to see you soon. Thank you BADA tapas

Reviewed 21 March 2018

I was really disappointed when Coretto closed, but having this open in its place is just as good! Excellent signature cocktails and the food was quick, fresh and delicious. Try the chicken wings - i would come again just to have those. Staff very friendly and attentive, and happy to help navigate the menu and give recommendations.

2  Thank Annie A

Dear Annie A, thank you for your positive comments especially for chicken wings! Not so surprisingly people are already coming back for it ;) Hope to see you very soon! BADA Tapas

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Fantastic Tapas With An Asian Slant

What a breath of fresh air...a new restaurant in Godalming that is independently owned and serves AMAZING...and I mean AMAZING, food!

Bada means 'sea' in Korean and, as the owner comes from South Korea originally, there are no prizes for guessing that the dishes containing fish are wonderful but there's plenty to keep the meat eaters and the vegetarians happy here. I travel in Asia a lot on business and recently visited Incheon, South Korea so enjoyed a taste of things to come before I visited this wonderful new establishment.

It isn't just an Asian restaurant however and all tastes are catered for.

First of all the decor is amazing - a beautifully lit and spectacular tiled main bar, exposed brickwork design on the walls, industrial-style furniture...really tasteful. For the drinkers there's an excellent cocktail list, good wines at good prices, beers and a variety of fruit and soft drinks. Service was really good and fast but without rushing you.

We were starving so ordered plenty starting with the Korean platter including kimchi, seaweed, quail eggs, lotus root crisps and squid ink tile - amazing fusion of tastes and just loved the mix.

Then we went for the Korean chicken wings with the restaurant's 'signature' sauce...so tasty, the fish of the day which was Hake but absolutely full of flavour, and the Bulgogi (marinated beef in soy sauce with vegetables)...awesome. And last, but certainly not least, we opted for the luscious Pajeon - spring onion pancake, beautifully cooked with yummy squid and king prawns.

It's probably worth mentioning my declared interest in this place...the husband of the proprietor runs an amazing fresh fish business, just around the corner in Godalming, It's called Godalming Fish and I go there to get the freshest and best priced fish anywhere in the south of England, so, inevitably Bada benefits from bang fresh seafood.

So as you have probably guessed, we will be returning on a regular basis. My advice, get in early to try this place before word gets out and you have to book weeks in advance.

You heard it here first.

3  Thank businesscameraman
Jihyun K, Manager at BADA Tapas, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Dear businesscameraman, thank you for your review! I cannot thank you enough for your kind words and such a positive comment, means a lot especially from someone who has been to Asia a lot. My self and our team are very happy that you enjoyed all we had offered and very much look forward to seeing you near future! BADA Tapas