EcoVillage
US$107
Orbitz.com
US$120
US$102
Carlton Bhamdoun Hotel(Bhamdoun)(Great Value!)
US$66
  • Restaurant
US$135
Vista Del Mar Hotel(Jounieh)(Great Value!)
US$45
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
All reviewsthe rivereco villagetree househeavenfishingtentlebanoncountry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2015

It was a very bad experience. the place is not clean, very old, and not organic. The management are absolutely in hibernating phase. We went there, my wife and I, with couple friends, and the experience was terrible: garbage everywhere, old and unclean stuff, the road to the ecovillage is a disaster (you can easily break your car)... and many other disgusting things. It seems they collect money by deceiving people with nice pictures have been taken maybe 10 years ago.
The overall experience is very very bad. It was a waste of my time and money.
I've never hated a place as much I did with the ecovillage in Lebanon. Big shame.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank George H
Karim A, Owner at EcoVillage, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

Dear George thank you for your constructive comment .

Well yes the management might be hibernating but I assure you that our vegetables are organic as they are grown on the property. And the fact that we are not connected to the grid have our own renewable energy micro hydro and and only natural material where used to construct the place are the essential to calling the place ecovillage.
Last but not least here was a sign that says don't use your car to go down the road and if you called 03211463 we would pick you up free of charge.
I am very sorry you had a bad experience at the village but many people love the place the way it is.

Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

Ecovillage is the heaven on earth. It's breathtaking. And everything from the staff,environent,cats, and dogs are awesome. Not to mention the tasty food that is healthy and yummy . It's worth a try alone , with ur partner or with friends.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alaa92
Reviewed 13 November 2014

i ve been a few times with my dog there. He enjoys it a lot and I get to spend a great day in nature. All their food is vegetarian which is great for me since I am vegetarian. You can also swim in the river depending on the time of year and the amount of water in the river depending on rain fall. Last summer had low amounts of water when I went. It's near enough from beirut. Less than an hour car ride. The way down to the valley gets bumpy at some point but they have transportation if u don't want to take your car. I usually don't. I don't mind the ride down. It's part of the experience honestly. Definitely worth a day trip or sleeping over

• Stayed: November 2014
3  Thank Rima R
Reviewed 13 November 2014

The place is really awesome and breathtaking. I went with a group of friends with our dogs.. The dogs were so free, happy to run around, play and swim. We laid back and relaxed in the silence of an awesome camp. The place is well coordinated and managed.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dino S
Reviewed 30 October 2014 via mobile

While you might be able to go to other beautiful places in Lebanon and enjoy the riverside and a short hike with a group of friends, this is certainly a unique experience built from the ground up into the trees. A family owned reserve, the Dmit Ecovillage is a self-sustaining community with a volunteer workforce dedicated to the construction of tree houses and agriculture. At a fee of $10, you gain access to the whole reserve, as well as a few refreshing servings of lemonade. You can eat with those who happen to be there by either buying a lunch/dinner in advance or you can enjoy your own food. Don't expect a resort-like experience, this is a place for some peace of mind away from urban intrusions. You can bring a tent and camp overnight or rent a wonderfully constructed treehouse. I won't say it's cheap to rent, but it's
definitely worth it. I definitely suggest this place if you want to be in nature with friends and strangers alike. Take a book with you, some swimming trunks, a change of clothes, and something to munch on. If you're lucky you might even get to enjoy a campfire acoustic set from one of the many musicians that find their way into this human wilderness.

• Stayed: June 2014