If you are looking for a special place, lyric is the one! Magic atmosphere...wake up with that view is priceless! The staff is amazing and cook delicious meals...just somewhere to be!
Our family of 5 had the most wonderful holiday thanks to Lyric! The house is perfectly boho chic. The house is so open and stylish complete with tropical flowers and a hammock outside. The best part honestly is the hospitality of Anna, Polly, and Peetagaye. These ladies took such good care of our family, and it was such a treat to have such delicious meals at our home base on the beach.
We cannot wait to return!!
Treasure Beach is a very special place...the people are so friendly and warm and there's such a feeling of tranquility and peace that abounds when you venture out of the Villa (which is hard to leave, trust me). I loved visiting Jake's and Jack Sprat for a drink and dinner and 77 West was amazing for a sunset drink..they also have a great menu. Lyric Villa is one of those magical places that draws you in and makes it very hard to say goodbye. From the moment you walk through the front door and see the view of the pool and the wide expanse of sea and sky beyond, you're hooked. This is a rustic villa, no airs or graces but very comfortable and tastefully furnished. The staff are wonderful...Polly and Petagaye go out of their way to make you feel welcome and they are fantastic cooks. There is nothing like breakfast on the patio deck overlooking the sea. I will definitely be back!!
My family of six arrived for the first time at Lyric for spring break. We stepped into the beautiful villa and were absolutely amazed at the beauty! The villa was laid out perfectly for the breeze to flow through the house and out on the sun deck you have such an amazing view of the crystal clear blue water. I never got tired of sitting out there looking out at the ocean. Polly and Petegay were so warm and inviting and we knew we were at home. Walking along the beach you can experience real Jamaica and meet very friendly people willing to talk about anything. As all the other reviews have said, the food was amazing and even though we went out to Jakes and Jack Sprats a couple times to eat, it was not nearly as good as the cooking at the villa.
Things you must do..
Boat trip to see Black River and Pelican Bar with Kevin and Nigel as your fun guides that will have you laughing non stop! You get to see dolphins, crocodiles, and beautiful views of the shoreline.
YS Falls to do zip lining across the Falls, rope jumping in the Falls, and a cool swim under the Falls. Our guide at the Falls took amazing photos and videos for us that will be treasured for life.
Meet the people!
I want to thank everyone for making this trip so very special. Polly for the amazing food, ability to arrange everything and great conversation . Petegay for her beautiful smile and singing while preparing everything along with her Cleveland Cavaliers hat. She always made us feel right at home! Kevin for making my kids laugh so hard on the boat while speeding through the water and stopping to have them rope jump into Black River. Sylvon for telling us all about Jamaica on our car rides and his amazing driving ability. Nigel for becoming a close friend playing soccer with my son every afternoon and playing card games and Dominoes with us in the evening even though I could never beat him. Annabelle for her great conversations and making all of us feel so very special in this amazing place!
It is the community that makes this place so great and wanting us to come back again as soon as we can! You will never find these views, these people, and these incredible personal touches in any resort!
We have been back to the cold for a little over a week and we MISS this house and staff. It was one of the most relaxing vacations ever. The home is beautiful, with plenty of outdoor seating. The bedroom closest to the ocean is heaven. Listening to the waves every night while going to sleep was amazing. My sound machine doesn't come close! Polly and Petegay were the staff at the house and their cooking was superb. There wasn't a thing we didn't like. Ate it all! For extra activities, we went for boat rides with Kevin (Polly's husband) and they were affordable and fun. Bring a cooler full of Red Stripe and you are set! We saw a family of dolphins which was a highlight. They were so close to the boat, we could almost touch them.
We were a bit confused about how meals worked and about Polly and Petegay's role at the house as we have never had this type of rental before. Here are some pointers.
1. Have Annabelle (owner) set up the ride from Montego Bay to the house. It is about 3 hours and Pete, our driver met us at the airport. It was convenient and safe. I would not recommend driving on the roads if it is your first time in Jamaica. Roads are windy and directions aren't super clear. You don't need a car at Lyric. Polly can set up any activities you want to do. Kevin on water (snorkeling, Pelican Bar, Black River) or Pete for land (rum factory and YS falls).
2. Polly and Petegay provide 2 meals each day, generally breakfast and dinner but you can choose breakfast and lunch too. Any preferences or allergies can be communicated to Annabelle prior to arrival.
3. Polly and Petegay can have the day off if you give it to them! We learned this too late in our vacation to give them a full day off but if we had known earlier, we would certainly have worked something out. They work so, so hard. Tip them well!
4. We packed all our own liquor. Wine is very expensive in Jamaica so we each brought a few bottles of red. But rum and Red Stripe are plentiful so no worries there. There is even a convenience store at the end of your driveway.
5. For the entire week for 3 of us, our food bill was ~$250. This could vary significantly but I only include it so you have a clue about how much it is. That included lobster a few times! It was worth every penny and then some. They take cash only for this and you cannot PayPal Annabelle the balance. This is payable directly to Polly. There is a cash machine at Jack Sprats but we didn't use it.
6. Bring bug spray. Mosquitos were not friendly and with all the rain, they were out in force.
All in all, it was such a relaxing and wonderful vacation. Will stay here again in a heartbeat! Thanks to Annabelle, Polly, Petegay, Kevin, Nigel, Pete, Fray and all those that made our trip wonderful.