“A Good Time Was Had”
Review of Pelican Bar

Pelican Bar
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: #1 ranking in several Lonely Planet categories! In many YouTube videos also
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

I usually resist going to “tourist” attractions. I’ve been going to JA for five years and finally decided to go out because my kids were with me. I have to admit that it was a blast. We met people from around the world and people who were practically our neighbors. Everyone is very chilled out. Pick a sunny, calm day and enjoy. You can catch a boat around 10AM out of Frenchman’s Bay in Treasure Beach, Black River or from any resort on the island. It really is a unique experience.

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Pelican Bar is about 30 min by boat from Treasure Beach. You need to pay 40 US$ per person to get there. Actually there is nothing special, it's just the wooden hut with a a little place where you can get a beer or a drink. A beer Red Stripe and bottle of coke cost 5 US$. I wouldn't do it again, wasting of money!

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Special place , a must see. We had a couple of beers while our boatman was waiting for us. We rented a boat from a guy at Parottee for 25$. We relaxed drinking beers. everything was simple and beautiful.

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Overrated. We were the first ones there for the day, so we had the place all to ourselves. It was something neat to check out.......take pictures and move on. Something cool to show the kids.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

We heard a lot about the bar from other people who have visited Jamaica in the past, so we decided to make a trip out after a visit to Black River. The boat ride cost us $15USD/person, and from where our private taxi dropped us off, it was about a 5-10min boat ride from shore. The bar had a relaxing atmosphere to just chill and enjoy some Red Stripe out in the ocean. The view is not bad from the bar, but closer to shore than we expected. Loved the momentos that visitor from around the world left at the bar. We were there for a total of an hour, enjoyed a couple of beers and a little dip in the ocean. I guess it depends on the time you choose to check out the bar, because it can get kind of crowded. I would say anything over 30 people could give you that feeling. Overall, a unique experience and glad we did it.