“Completely ignored”

Ranked #5 of 83 Restaurants in Luquillo
Price range: US$6 - US$40
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our buisness is a place where we look for our clients to indulge in a good meal, with a great waitstaff, rich live cultural music, an holistic dining experience for our clients to enjoy in a tropical ambience! You have to try it your self to really find out what we are talking about!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This restaurant was recommended to us by our resort so we thought we would try it. We were seated then completely ignored. We waited over an hour & watched other groups be seated, orders taken, and get their food. Signaled for wait staff but even if they made eye contact they looked on disinterestedly. Finally gave up and left. Went to another kiosko restaurant (Jibaro's) where we were seated, orders taken, & drinks served within 5 minutes.

I would NOT recommend Terruno.

Terruno1, Owner at Terruno, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for sharing your opinion. We will work on the matters. It has never happened before that a waiter has not arrived to a table. What I do not comprehend is how you waited and hour to leave? Why did you not seek a manager, or approach an employee? Not that it is mandatory, but if service wasnt provided and you were already seated, even the host could have assisted you. Either way thank you for sharing your experience.

Write a reviewReviews (592)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Took 75 mins to get the food, drinks took forever too and we had to ask multiple times. I timed it. They were not busy but really lackluster service.

Drinks are so-so. Food is decent (not great and not horrible).

I would never come here again.

1  Thank nishantp06
Terruno1, Owner at Terruno, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for sharing you opinion. I remember the situation. You arrived and were promptly seated, and the waiter took you drink order, and within 3 minutes you stood up from your seat requesting your drinks. The drinks then arrived to you table 5 minutes later. After that you ordered your meal, which arrived at your table 40 minutes later. It appeared that you had some other situation going on that had nothing to do with the service or the food from the restaurant. I dont believe it would take 75 minutes for a drink to arrive to a table. My question is if the timing was such and issue, why did you not ask to speak to a manager to make better your experience. I would hope you would give us another chance. Please exuse me if you believe I am incorrect. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I'd heard about this place and visited my last night in PR. Took one spoon of the coconut and fish Rice...and had to stop immediately to write a review! My paletes are screaming! Amazing!

Reviewed 27 March 2021 via mobile

Really good food choices and selection of drinks. Staff is friendly and our group of 4 didn’t eat anything that wasn’t good.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 16 March 2021 via mobile

Six of us had a late lunch with cocktails and it was delicious. The fresh red snapper was filleted and stuffed with conch, shrimp and octopus. It was amazing and beautifully presented. Also had an appetizer sampler and coconut rice with fish entree - both of those were terrific too. Our waitress was Kristal and she was very attentive and gave us great recommendations. I love when a waitress anticipates your need for water and you never need to ask. Great fresh passion fruit drink with vodka too. Absolutely wonderful!!!!

Date of visit: March 2021