15 people are viewing this hotel
US$242
Free cancellation until 17/08/22
US$254
Free cancellation until 18/08/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
US$197
Free cancellation until 18/08/22
Hotels.comUS$254
PricelineUS$254
Trip.comUS$212
4,553 results
All reviews shoulder massage beautiful hotel cable car welcome drink games room infinity pool planters restaurant perdana quay our honeymoon merchant room rain shower kids club little touches viceroy room f b sea view private beach
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Where do you start trying to write a review about a hotel that you would like the whole world to visit ……….or would you, if you knew that soon as other travellers visited The Danna hotel in Langkawi, they would find out about this treasure in the South Asia district and then it would become super popular and always full…..Yeah it would be great for the hotel!
Going to new hotels always sets my alerts on high as you are entering the domain of someone else’s tastes and choices, so previous visits to Malaysia we have always stuck to the bigger chains and operators. We saw The Danna online and researched it via Tripadvisor and YouTube , but we still didn’t have a feel for the hotel. What drew us to The Danna is the architectural look, a very colonial design which permeates throughout the building and in the ambience (now that we have stayed there) of the hotel.
So what is it like to stay here? Fantastic, homely, personable, friendly, warming! I can keep going with adjectives of how wonderful The Danna is and I would ask you to prove me wrong or add to my adjective list.

Because we have two growing up girls, we chose to have an adjoining room, one King and one twin, this really helps when I am the only guy among three girls! The rooms are very spacious and the bathrooms are huge, but I still have to wait my turn to get ready for dinner!

The pool here is massive and there are enough loungers for all the guests without having to towel reserve them. The beach is pristine and is cleaned of debris everyday. As a traveller tip, the tide goes out in the late afternoon and we went out checking out the rock pools for crabs, fish and octopus, the kids loved it.

The staff here are unbelievably warming and passionate about looking after their guests. From the reception to the guys at the pool, everyone here are on top of their roles when it comes to your stay at The Danna. The reception team (Sudha and Jaswinder) booked all our tours and transportation and they advised of where and when to visit. The F&B team lead by Salim (F&B manager) and the executive chef Giuliano ( the creator and curator of the menus) we were looked after like royalty. If this review is being read by the senior management of The Danna, kudos on your recruitment drive because all your staff are assets to your business, I will thank more of your staff at the end of this review as they all need recommendations for their drive and passion.

Dining at The Danna seems limited with two restaurants and a cafe, but surprisingly all the choices on the menus kept my troop satisfied for nine days. Granted for our trips out we had lunch on route but most of the times we ate at the hotel and trust me, the food was spectacular; 5 star and beyond dining. Zul, Jass, Adreen, Nabila, Ana, Sudha, Wahieda, Anis, went above and beyond just waiting staff, they looked after us and always had a recommendation of what to try, again another personable attribute of the staff at The Danna.

I am not a big social media poster, but I hope that my review has done the The Danna hotel and its staff justice for making my stay with them absolutely memorable.

Thank you to you all and see you on the next trip!

Trip type: Travelled with family
The Danna, General Manager at The Danna Langkawi Luxury Resort & Beach Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Yaser A, thank you for taking the time to share this review with us. We are delighted that you were pleased with your recent stay at The Danna Langkawi and we appreciate your compliments about our hospitality, food and rooms. Your kind praises have also been shared with the team who continue to deliver seamless and exemplary experiences for our guests. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Best regards, Karan Singh, General Manager

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Amazing hotel and friendly staff.
Very unique and spacious rooms with comfortable beds. They have a very huge swimming pool as well.
Very peaceful and serene ambiance. Wide spread of breakfast. Worth the stay.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Mag Kam, thank you for taking the time to share this review with us. We are delighted that you were pleased with your recent stay at The Danna Langkawi and we appreciate your compliments about our hospitality, food and rooms. Your kind praises have also been shared with the team who continue to deliver seamless and exemplary experiences for our guests. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Best regards, Karan Singh, General Manager

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is one of the most beautiful place I have stayed! Good staff with great service. Really a beautiful environment. I would really recommend this place. They are really willing to accommodate what we wanted

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Priyaa S, thank you for staying with us and sharing a review on your stay. Your compliments on our overall service and facilities are very much appreciated. Thank you again, and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Best regards, Karan Singh, General Manager

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Could’ve be better. Best local chain hotel. Friendly service and excellent hospitality.Exceeded expectations in all side . Check in to Checkout we are always being asked if everything is great. Bravo and well done . Hope to return soon if given a chance over to langkawi.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Ladyinblack82, thank you for taking the time to share this review with us. We are delighted that you were pleased with your recent stay at The Danna Langkawi and we appreciate your compliments about our hospitality, food and rooms. Your kind praises have also been shared with the team who continue to deliver seamless and exemplary experiences for our guests. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Best regards, Karan Singh, General Manager

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The perfect place to celebrate your remarkable day with your love. We’ve never experienced such a great hospitality before. Thank you for the best service offered.Locking The Danna Langkawi as our most favorite to celebrate our special days.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Robin R, thank you for choosing The Danna Langkawi as your preferred residence. It is most encouraging to hear that the exemplary service has left you with fond memories. Your kind words are truly appreciated and will be conveyed to the team as I am sure they will be delighted to know that their efforts have been duly recognised. My team and I hope to welcome you back for another perfect stay. Kind regards, Karan Singh, General Manager