13 people are viewing this hotel
US$242
Free cancellation until 17/08/22
US$254
Free cancellation until 18/08/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
US$197
Free cancellation until 18/08/22
Hotels.comUS$254
Trip.comUS$213
PricelineUS$254
4,553 results
All reviews shoulder massage beautiful hotel cable car welcome drink games room infinity pool planters restaurant perdana quay our honeymoon merchant room rain shower kids club little touches viceroy room f b sea view private beach
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We loved our stay here. The staff were super friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious and the bed is the most comfortable one i've ever stayed in. The pool and beach area are wonderful. Finally the food, breakfast has so much choice (including prosseco), both restaurants have a great selection for an evening. The slow cooked beef at the terrace was exceptional.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
The Danna, General Manager at The Danna Langkawi Luxury Resort & Beach Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Clare2901, Salam Sejahtera from The Danna Langkawi and thank you for making us your choice accommodation in the heart of Telaga Harbour Park. We are pleased to know that we have exceeded your expectations in all aspects of our resort facilities and service delivery. I look forward to sharing your praises with my team as we take pride in our mission in providing moments of delight to all our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back for another pleasant stay soon. Best wishes, Karan Singh, General Manager

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Cons

- Room does not have a cloth hanging line over the bathtub to dry out our swimwear.
- Kettle is pretty small.
- TV channel selection and quality of reception was not good at all.
- There are no buffet lunch or dinner available at site. Only ala carte which does not provide enough selection and is a little bit pricey.
- Room service was prompt but however the selection and the price was not too desirable.
- Lack of beach activities. Only tour excursion are available but not in house activities.
- Evening tea at Straits & Co was only okay. Nothing to shout about.

Pros

- Very comfortable bed & pillows. Wish I could’ve taken them back with me.
- Room is spacious.
- Hairdryer is excellent. Phillips 2100W provided unlike most hotel with standard hairdryer which is pretty useless.
- Very friendly staffs who are ready to assist in anyway they can.
- Live music at The Veranda was lovely.
- The pool size is very adequate and the step by step increment of depth makes it easy for the young ones to enjoy the pool.
- Breakfast buffet was good with a variety of selections. Freshly baked croissants being served added a nice touch.
- Having a koi pond and the possibility to feed them at noon was a beautiful experience not only for the little ones but for everyone else as well.
- The view and the lounge chair at the library / reading room makes it serene and provide a wonderful ambience to have a peaceful read.

The couples spa package was lovely. I’ve had better treatments elsewhere but the friendliness of the staffs combined with the ambience and the beautiful jacuzzi bath drawn out made it a wonderful experience.
Having said all the above I would highly recommend The Danna to everyone as my family well and truly enjoyed themselves. I would without hesitation go for another holiday there again in the future.

Room tip: Check availability of the cable car as the yearly closure for maintenance was between mid July to mid August
1  Thank Frzuae

Dear Frzuae, thank you for staying with us at The Danna Langkawi Luxury Resort & Beach Villas and for giving us your thoughts about your recent visit. I understand that your experience was below expectations and has affected your overall satisfaction. In regards to the clothes hanging line, we do offer complimentary drying services for our guests, managed by our laundry team. Your feedback on our TV channel selection and quality of reception has been conveyed to the respective department and this will be looked into as part of our planned development. We will soon be also launching our new concept of buffet dinner at Planter’s to showcase some of Malaysia’s signature dishes. It is a continuous process as we strive further in making our hotel from good to great and I am sorry that we let you down this time. Your comments have been shared with our Management team as a reference for future enhancements and I am confident that the necessary steps will be made. On the plus side, I am happy to see that you enjoyed a variety of our other services and facilities. Your feedback will definitely help us towards bettering our offerings and we hope to welcome you again soon. Kind Regards, Karan Singh, General Manager

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Where do you start trying to write a review about a hotel that you would like the whole world to visit ……….or would you, if you knew that soon as other travellers visited The Danna hotel in Langkawi, they would find out about this treasure in the South Asia district and then it would become super popular and always full…..Yeah it would be great for the hotel!
Going to new hotels always sets my alerts on high as you are entering the domain of someone else’s tastes and choices, so previous visits to Malaysia we have always stuck to the bigger chains and operators. We saw The Danna online and researched it via Tripadvisor and YouTube , but we still didn’t have a feel for the hotel. What drew us to The Danna is the architectural look, a very colonial design which permeates throughout the building and in the ambience (now that we have stayed there) of the hotel.
So what is it like to stay here? Fantastic, homely, personable, friendly, warming! I can keep going with adjectives of how wonderful The Danna is and I would ask you to prove me wrong or add to my adjective list.

Because we have two growing up girls, we chose to have an adjoining room, one King and one twin, this really helps when I am the only guy among three girls! The rooms are very spacious and the bathrooms are huge, but I still have to wait my turn to get ready for dinner!

The pool here is massive and there are enough loungers for all the guests without having to towel reserve them. The beach is pristine and is cleaned of debris everyday. As a traveller tip, the tide goes out in the late afternoon and we went out checking out the rock pools for crabs, fish and octopus, the kids loved it.

The staff here are unbelievably warming and passionate about looking after their guests. From the reception to the guys at the pool, everyone here are on top of their roles when it comes to your stay at The Danna. The reception team (Sudha and Jaswinder) booked all our tours and transportation and they advised of where and when to visit. The F&B team lead by Salim (F&B manager) and the executive chef Giuliano ( the creator and curator of the menus) we were looked after like royalty. If this review is being read by the senior management of The Danna, kudos on your recruitment drive because all your staff are assets to your business, I will thank more of your staff at the end of this review as they all need recommendations for their drive and passion.

Dining at The Danna seems limited with two restaurants and a cafe, but surprisingly all the choices on the menus kept my troop satisfied for nine days. Granted for our trips out we had lunch on route but most of the times we ate at the hotel and trust me, the food was spectacular; 5 star and beyond dining. Zul, Jass, Adreen, Nabila, Ana, Sudha, Wahieda, Anis, went above and beyond just waiting staff, they looked after us and always had a recommendation of what to try, again another personable attribute of the staff at The Danna.

I am not a big social media poster, but I hope that my review has done the The Danna hotel and its staff justice for making my stay with them absolutely memorable.

Thank you to you all and see you on the next trip!

Trip type: Travelled with family
The Danna, General Manager at The Danna Langkawi Luxury Resort & Beach Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Yaser A, thank you for taking the time to share this review with us. We are delighted that you were pleased with your recent stay at The Danna Langkawi and we appreciate your compliments about our hospitality, food and rooms. Your kind praises have also been shared with the team who continue to deliver seamless and exemplary experiences for our guests. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Best regards, Karan Singh, General Manager

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Amazing hotel and friendly staff.
Very unique and spacious rooms with comfortable beds. They have a very huge swimming pool as well.
Very peaceful and serene ambiance. Wide spread of breakfast. Worth the stay.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Mag Kam, thank you for taking the time to share this review with us. We are delighted that you were pleased with your recent stay at The Danna Langkawi and we appreciate your compliments about our hospitality, food and rooms. Your kind praises have also been shared with the team who continue to deliver seamless and exemplary experiences for our guests. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Best regards, Karan Singh, General Manager

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is one of the most beautiful place I have stayed! Good staff with great service. Really a beautiful environment. I would really recommend this place. They are really willing to accommodate what we wanted

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Priyaa S, thank you for staying with us and sharing a review on your stay. Your compliments on our overall service and facilities are very much appreciated. Thank you again, and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Best regards, Karan Singh, General Manager