“Highly recommended”

The Witches Brew Khao Yai
Ranked #1 of 89 Restaurants in Pak Chong
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Cuisines: Thai
Description: We are a friendly family run bar and restaurant in Khao Yai, our premises are fully air conditioned with an outside terrace. We are located 500m from Palio Khao Yai on the opposite side on the road. Our menu remains the same as our last location, great Pizza's, English and Thai food at reasonable prices, not to mention the Ice Cold Beer!!!
Reviewed 28 June 2022

Been coming here with the family for a few years now, really nice draft beer and excellent pizza and many other dishes like salads and beef tacos, they have lots of western variety of food that's cooked really well. The staff are also friendly and always welcoming.

Date of visit: June 2022
1  Thank workwithjasontho2016
Write a reviewReviews (263)

Reviewed 18 May 2022

Dear Thailand Traveler,

If you find yourself in Khao Yai, Thailand, please consider what I consider to be a safe dining bet. As any traveler knows, eating at any restaurant is always a big gamble, and we all too often come away dissatisfied. This was not the case at The Witches Brew and that is why I am taking time to write today.

First, when I walked in the door, I noticed the owner sitting in the restaurant. How did I know? Because I owned a restaurant in Las Vegas for 14 years, and I know and you can feel when the owner is in the house.

Let me get right down to it...

1. The staff are polite, well-trained, and happy.
2. The food is very good, is presented well, and the portions are fair.
3. The beer was COLD.
4. The place has a good feel - and you know what I mean.

You enjoy your time feeling like the people there are privileged that you came, and that they have the opportunity to serve you and make you happy. Not your average experience.

The only criticism that isn't a criticism is that they do add a 10% service charge, so after I got done tipping everyone for their fine service, I tipped them again as part of the bill. I couldn't have been happier.

Best/Kevin

Date of visit: May 2022
1  Thank KevinKhonKaen
Reviewed 30 March 2022

We are Phuket residents and were on the way up north, staying in Khao Yai for 1 night, Found this place on Google Maps. Nice interior, well designed menu with a good selection of Thai and Western dishes. Food was good, service was friendly and attentive, the ambience warm and cosy.
What a nice surprise: they had Bavarian beer on tap ..
Thank you Khun John, - we will be back.

Date of visit: March 2022
1  Thank Mpfrederik
Reviewed 17 February 2022

Finding ourselves in Khao Yai for the first time used TripAdvisor to review recommendations to determine where to have dinner.

Ordered bruschetta appetizer followed by a seafood pasta for my (Thai) wife and Italian sausage pasta for myself. Server asked if my wife wanted it spicy but did not ask me the same question.

Surprisingly, the 2 pasta dishes arrived in less then 5 minutes and were completed when the appetizer bruschetta arrived (as our desert by its timing).

At no time did any of the service staff ask how the food was but sure were interested in whether I wanted another beer (asked at least 4 times). Perhaps they were so interested due to the over saltiness of my wife’s dish and the highly spiced dish I had - in truth, our opinion was that they over salted her dish and over spiced mine in order to sell more beer as that seemed to be the only item on any of the servers agenda besides bringing us our appetizer for dessert !

Date of visit: February 2022
1  Thank BangkokLeeky
Reviewed 29 January 2022 via mobile

I think 3.5 stars is a fair rating, but as it's not possible, I went with 4.
2 of us had the Italian sodas, they were delicious. Very tasty and with the extra bottle, good value for money.
My husband had the beefburger, it was excellent, I'd go as far as to say it was the best I've ever tried.
3 of us had fish, chips and mushy peas. The fish was good, the chips were really hard and greasy, as though they'd been pre-fried, then fried again. Not nice at all and we left a lot of them. The peas were like bullets, they'd never seen mushy. It would have been a different experience altogether, had the chips been home made, rather than 80s style frozen, crinkle cut.
Presentation of everything was good. The sting in the tail is the tax and service charge, it is displayed at the bottom of the menu, but with the price of the food being quite high, I feel its excessive.

Date of visit: January 2022