Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
CheapTickets
All reviews lovely hotel top floor rating spa dinner town mountains hike
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 August 2019

Every hotel has some rooms that are not pleasant. The first room I was given had ripped black out curtains. I asked for a better room. Eventually I asked for a manager and the situation didn't really get much better. I did note when I checked out the next morning that the upgraded (??) better quality room cost had not been added to my bill.

Dealing with this check in and trying to find a room was not a pleasant experience at the front desk. The woman was a novice employee, we found out later, and did not handle the situation well. She had very limited English and my Austrian friend had challenges with the situation too.

I asked for a room with a double bed and was told that they didn't exist in the hotel, only Austrian beds (?) which were two twins pushed together.

I asked for a top sheet as the room was very hot and the quilt too heavy. No top sheets existed in the hotel, only fitted bottom sheets.

Air conditioning? We were told to open the window. This is not a suitable hotel to stay in during heat waves.

I went alone to the dining room when it opened for breakfast and noted all the nice tables by windows were reserved. Nasty service by both staff people in the dining room. Food was average for a hotel buffet.

Date of stay: July 2019
2  Thank oldwheat
Wander11005761179, Manager at SPA Hotel Erzherzog Johann, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2019

Dear Sharon,

thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I am sorry that your overnigtht stay did not go occording to your wishes.
Regarding the air condition, actually we do not need them, because the evenings are alwayse cool, unfortunately there were in this season same very hot days and the nights did not cool off either.
We offered you a change of room, but you did not want to change the room. I apologize to you if my employees were unfriendly.
A final information, all rooms will be renovated in the fall, also we plan to install an air conditon for the future.

Best regards
Gerfried Gaugelhofer
GM

Reviewed 18 August 2019

The hotel is very centrally located and very nice. Actually, the only negative is it does not have A/C. The food is excellent, we had breakfast and dinner there. In both cases, the selection is extensive. Since this is a Wellness Hotel, they have Sauna, swimming pool, and offer all spa treatments. WiFi and parking is free on the premises, though the parking spaces are limited and rather tight. However, we were told that the parking area will be redone to offer better parking choices. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful throughout. I was very pleased with everything, except the absence of the A/C.

Date of stay: June 2019
2  Thank Anneliese T
Wander11005761179, Manager at SPA Hotel Erzherzog Johann, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2019

Dear Anneliese,

I am pleased to hear, you had a comfortabel staying in our hotel. I will give your compliments to all our sections.
We will do a lot of renovations in the next few years, we maybe get also a A/C.
We would be glad to see you again in our hotel.

best regards
Gerfried Gaugelhofer
manager

Reviewed 27 December 2018 via mobile

My visit was for work, but the scenery was lovely with fresh snow for Christmas. The breakfast is absolutely perfect. Many fresh dishes to choose from. The room is high standard. Service is very friendly.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2018

The rooftop pool spa area is very beautiful and they have very nice saunas. This place is off the tourist route which is nice, would be nice if they had more English translations around the spa area.
The staff is super nice and helpful. I would be a nice touch to have more amenities in the rooms besides shampoo/body wash like hair conditioner and body moisturizers. I think this is a very American thing that I'm used to when staying at an upscale hotel. Breakfast was very good.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

After six years we visited this very warmly and charming part of Austria-Bad Aussee and surrounded... For Eastern holiday we choose nice hotel situated in the middle of the Bad Aussee-Hotel Erzherzog Johann. In this time entire hotel was flooded in Eastern atmosphere on the pleasure of my family especially children’s. Very very nice hotel with hospitality staff and I must say that the hotel is kids friendly place, totally...Nice, comfortable and clean rooms and rich buffet with very tasty and different kind of food for breakfast and especially for dinner in nice restaurant . Excellent idea is smaller lunch in early afternoon in the hotels bar. Great inside pool on the top of hotel with all supported rooms and facilities with outside pool with great views on the Aussee...like always if you ask me something about temperature of water, you know my answer; please, few Celsius more to up. Of course, sauna is very nice, a little smaller but enough for short relaxing. Good combination with outside pool. The hotel bar is very nice place for relaxing...My family, with two small daughters, 10 and 3 years old, spent a very nice Eastern holiday in excellent hotel in, I can free says, our Bad Aussee with charming surroundings. We will back again, of course. In this nice hotel and our Ausseerland.

Date of stay: March 2018