Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$168
View deal
eDreamsUS$168
PricelineUS$168
FindHotelUS$168
Agoda.comUS$168
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We slept there just one night but this hotel is not worth of 4 stars really in my opinion. It is located in a very nice village with close parking lots and a small river flowing under its windows (it's a former mill) but that's all when it comes to positives. It's more like a three star hotel especially due to obsolete bathroom equipment and poor customer service. The bathroom had a damaged basin, as well as the toilet seat was damaged but clean and usable, I admit. We were not lucky with hotel staff - the receptionist was not welcoming and friendly at all, quite the opposite. We met two other hotel staff passing by but they did not greet and one of them did not even bother to reply to my greeting. The final bit was an accident with my phone charger that I had forgotten in the room. I realized it few minutes later after we left the hotel so I called the reception immediately to inform them that I'm returning back to pick it up as I had no doubt the charger is there - this was our first stay on our trip in Austria and I used the charger in the evening but after disconnecting the phone I did not pack it up as I was in a hurry to take a call and wanted to do so later. Few minutes later the receptionist gave me a call back saying they did not find it which I could understand because the charger was still in a plug in a hardly visible place kind of hidden behind a chair. So I tried to convince them to check the room again which obviously was not what they intended to do as they seemed to be pretty sure they checked it properly. The guy could not speak very good English and as I continued insisting on him to check the room once again, he just hang up the phone. Later, another person apparently speaking English much better called me up again and said that they checked the room and the charger is simply not there. I could not believe my own ears and was literally speechless. I was hesitating for a while whether I should still return back and further insist on getting into the room personally but then I realized the tone of our last two phone calls and decided not to further spoil my day. Luckily, I had a car charger with me but if not, their reluctant attitude would not only spoil my mood but also cause me serious discomfort on my trip as I had GPS in that phone. I have never ever experienced such a rood hotel staff anywhere else before.

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2013

This hotel has a beautiful situation by a small, fast running river and with a lovely garden adjacent. It is less than 5 minutes walk from the station and the main bus stop so is good for getting quickly to see nearby sites such as Hallstatt.

The restaurant at the hotel is superb. Dinner there was one of the best meals I've eaten in ages. It was accompanied by excellent wine. The breakfast included in the room price was of a high quality.

We found the staff friendly and very pleasant. They were more forthcoming when speaking German and tended to respond briefly (even tersely) when needing to communicate in English. This might come across as abruptness.

The hotel operates in some respects in a rather informal manner. As some other reviewers have noted, its reception desk is not staffed all the time (though there seems always to be someone nearby) and its closing time varies so guests are told not to forget their outside door key. The first night we were there it had shut down by 10pm.

This relaxed approach also extends to some aspects of maintenance (for example the blinds had been removed in the two single rooms we booked and not replaced and a question about this on the first morning did not lead to their replacement and the heavy soap dispenser in my friend's bathroom fell off the wall and turned out simply to have been glued on).

The hotel offers an excellent and good value same day laundry service (washing and pressing).

Despite the one or two of rough edges mentioned we found this a very enjoyable place to stay and would certainly return and recommend the hotel to others.

Room tip: Ask for a room with blinds or curtains!
Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank sandalsinthesand
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Went for a meal. On entering reception was met by a very obnoxious girl, with short hair. When asked for the bar was told in no uncertain way that "IT IS CLOSED". Decided to give it a go none the less. The menu is less than average. Our friend sat on a dining chair which collapsed underneath him. He is a tall man but not by any means overweight. Luckily he was unhurt.
When receiving our bill we asked if they thought that as we had experienced a potentially serious incident they could reduce the bill. We were told we could have a free coffee! We then asked for the Manager. He was unavailable so the waitress called him on the mobile. She told us the Manager had said he was only prepared to give us 5 euro off the total bill.
We decided not to argue and left, only to hear laughing from the receptionist and waitress in the background!!
The customer service was extremely poor and the food average.See other Trip Advisor reviews.
I would be interested to hear from the hotel.

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank suel69
Reviewed 23 September 2012

One night we spent at the Hotel, booked it via booking.com. With easy coplications we found the Hotel without anyone at the reception. Finally a not really kind woman arrived from the restaurant, watched our booking and gave the key of the room. Small problem: it was a single instead of a double. I went down, searched her again...after about 10 minutes "thinking" /and a remark, that someone else managed the booking/ she gave us another key, and it led us to - maybe - one of the best rooms of the Hotel, a spacious one, with 2 big Windows and a corner-terrace with the river Vils under. We liked this. The room itself was functional and clean. We had a quiet night there...and few times we walked in and out - but never saw anyone at the reception. /Except morning when checked out.../
Parking is very good and comfortable (not too often is Austria), the breakfast is a good average.
I can't recommend the Hotel...and only 'cause the staff...

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank VeszpremPeter
Reviewed 9 September 2012

beware young receptionist with dyed short hair- she growls always and is terrible in service everytime she can and seems intent on chasing away customers, otherwise hotel is nice but very expensive considering the bad service and other details.

Date of stay: September 2012