Priceline
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 September 2017

This is the 4th time my husband and I have stayed here. We have always had the same room and it's always great. The room is spacious and spotless, very comfortable and has a large terrace. There is a lift and free parking. The breakfast is good and the location is very close to all nearby sights in the Salzkammergut region. Now, on to the owners and their restaurant... Kathi and Seppi are very welcoming, their staff have always treated us with respect and are very helpful. The restaurant is very good and Seppi makes the BEST Garlic Cream Soup!!! You can't stay here and not enjoy Seppi's cooking!

Room tip: Room number 6!
Date of stay: September 2017
Reviewed 23 December 2016

We only went for dinner at the restaurant and we enjoyed the food
The waitress was very friendly and she helped us in choosing our dishes - which were big. Here we had the best dinner in Austria. I recommend the ribs and the burgers.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2014

My second review here.
My wife and I have travelled to the Salzkammergut region three times since 2009 - each time stopping at the Gasthof zur Post. It has become a place firmly entrenched in our hearts. The staff (run by a small family) are always extremely friendly, accommodating and welcoming. The hotel and rooms are very clean, spacious and well decorated. We've been lucky to have room 6 each time - with the large rear patio. If you get the option, we recommend it for late-night sips of wine.
One of our favourite things about the 'Post' is the restaurant. In fact, my wife longs for the garlic soup when we're back home. The food is excellent, very reasonably priced and quite ample!
Although we always bemoan the fact that it may be years before we're able to return it never fails that after just a year (or two) the call of Salzkammergut, Hallstatt and our beloved 'Post' entices us back!
We love this place and recommend it to everyone!

Room tip: As I said before, we've always been lucky to have room #6 and love it. It has a large patio over-looking the rear of the hotel. Very quiet room
Date of stay: September 2014
1  Thank 321ChrisD
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here.
The rooms were always clean and warm, the staff were very friendly and helpful and the overall facilities were more than adequate for us to enjoy our stay.
The location is ideal, just beside a rail station and the buses to Hallstatt were also very frequent.
The owner is very friendly and helpful, he provided us with a warm breakfast when one of us was not feeling well.
Furthermore, the other two service staff whom we met were very kind to us and helped us a lot throughout our stay.
The most unforgettable thing about this hotel would be the Beef Goulash which they serve. It is as described on the menu, 'The World's best'.

Room tip: Rooms with a balcony allow you to get a great picturesque view of the mountains.
Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 December 2012

We stayed here in late July and found it to be very ordinary. The room size, bathroom size and general furnishings were worn and unattractive. Of course most lodgings in Austria do not have air conditioning and this one did not. It was very warm and because of the temperature it was necessary to leave the window open at night. The traffic noise from trucks, motorcycles and cars was deafening almost all night resulting in very little sleep. The hotel is a close drive to most attractions in the area but I feel certain that other, quieter accommodations could be found.

Room tip: Not sure there is a good, quiet room.
Date of stay: July 2012